Interrupted Lunch

I survive the morning. It's now time for lunch and I'm at my usual lone table in my usual boring seat. I'm sitting in silence until I hear a tray clatter onto the table on my right. I jump at the sudden appearance.

"Now where were we?" Alex practically growls. I wish I could be happy at his presence. Instead, he's here to terrorize me into looking both ways before I cross the street.

"Come on, mute. What's your name?" He interrogates.

"Alex, what the fuck are you doing?" Tyler asks.

"Who this hell is this?" Dean asks.

"I don't know! I'm trying to get an answer ou-"

"Is this the girl you almost ran over yesterday?" Tyler asks.

"Yes, and if you interrupt me again, I will skin you alive."

At that threat, I grab my tray and stand up. Alex grips my wrist, and I instantly regret not putting my pepper spray back on my keychain.

"Sit."

I try to yank my wrist from his grip. Why is he not letting this go? Nothing happened! Why is he even stressing? Because I got an 'attitude'?

"Sit. Down. Mute." He orders. I lock eyes with him. This fucking does it for me. I hate this boy, but I hate his ordering around more than anything. I will not fall victim to it.

"I don't take orders from you." I firmly say.

"So she speaks!" Dean comments. Alex keeps eye contact with me.

"I think it will be wise to listen to me," he threatens.

"Or what?" I ask. "Are you gonna punch me? Kick me? Cuss me out? I don't give a fuck. Jesus.." I huff. "You act like royalty, but all you are is a fucking asshole with an enormous ego. I don't take orders from people like you," I spit the insults. I rip my wrist out from his grip and exit the cafeteria.

Maybe it's the adrenaline talking, but fuck the shadow lifestyle.