P R O L O G U E

PROLOGUE

☆ PROLOGUE ☆

J U D I T H

My journal. Something so important to me. Where all my deepest thoughts and fondest memories are kept. Reading through the small, blue book was always a moment of relaxation and peace for me. It was a time where I loved to have nothing but the beautiful sound of silence around me, to be alone and free of everyone's presence. But even at this time, I didn't mind when the soft sound of that angelic voice breaks me from the stillness that fully enveloped me.

"Hey, are you okay? You've been up here for a while."

A smile, I haven't even known could be worn on my face again, grew as I looked up to see the girl with the long brown hair and baby blue eyes, a look of concern written all over her. My heart immediately sped up at a faster rate, for seeing her so concerned for me was something I loved. It was nice to know someone could care so much. Especially her.

"I'm fine. Just needed some time away from Carl. He's been so moody lately," I answer, brushing off the small pang in my heart as I thought about my brother.

"Maybe he's on his period."

A snort of amusement escapes my mouth followed by loud sounds of laughter, as I drop my journal next to my jean clad legs. Looking up at Leah, I see her smiling largely while walking over to sit beside me.

"He probably is," I agree, nodding my head while grinning at her.

"Also there's how he probably hasn't gotten laid in forever," She adds, looking thoughtful.

"Leah. Stop, oh my God. That's my brother you're talking about. Ew," I answer, while making a face.

Oh god, thinking of Carl... doing that with someone disgusts me.

"It's the truth. You've told me he's been single for like years. Who's he gonna have sex with?" Leah stops to think while rubbing her chin, acting like she's not about to scarr me for life. "Well, there is Enid. They've always kind of had this weird thing together. He always protects her, she always protects him. Maybe they're like Friends With Benefits or something."