1.2

(time jump)

'Tengo un pollo sabrosito con el que quiero casarme, pero acaban de informame que no me puedo casar porque, es novia de mi amigo. Y eso si da que pensar.' - Que Lio (Hector Lavoe)

There was only two weeks left til Christmas and I had decided to start shopping for everyone. Some how I found a way to send gifts off to America without any issues, and today I convinced Rya to come shopping with me. It wasn't a mall here, it's a shopping centre same thing different name as long as it got the job done though, I didn't really care about it. We ended in some store called Top Shop, and believe me when I say how over priced things were, but then again this nation has much more money than America. 

I messed about, looking for a dress but nothing was in my size, mainly because of my hips. That didn't stop me from looking though, but after a while of searching I came up with nothing. However, Rya had tons of dresses to look through. Usually my self-esteem was about half way and I didn't really care but it's been a while since the last time I've worked out.

"Maybe I should join a gym soon," I said playfully to her. The look on her face was stone cold solid.

"Why?" She asked with attitude in her voice. I sighed, and looked over at her things.

"I just feel like I need to get a bit skinnier you know. These hips are way too wide," I said pinching my sides.

"You look great the way you are. Plus the hips are your thing, you always make them look good." She said trying to encourage me.

"Rya, nothing in this store fits me, I think that's saying something." I whisper-yelled to her.

"I think it does too, but nothing wrong with you. With the store, yes." A familiar voice spoke and turned around to see Tom standing there with some bags in his hands.

"Hey you, long time no see." I said going over to him for a hug, which he gladly accepted.

"Rya, nice to see you again too." He said shaking her hand, and the returning his stare to me.

"But like I was saying, there is nothing wrong with you Valentina. If anything, this place should cater to more sizes and you should love yourself, like Rya said , your curves are great on you." He said with a tender smile as I now tried to hide how embarrassed 

"See, thank you Tom, she obviously had to hear it from a man." Rya said with a laugh, as Tom shook his head giving me a soft look.

"I do know where you can find wonderful clothes for yourself, I could show you there now if you'd like. My shopping is all done for today anyways, I just needed some trousers." He said, and I looked at Rya who was nodding.

"But we came shopping together and-"

"Girl it's fine, I'll buy us dinner later and you can show me your new threads." She smiled looking over at Tom and giving him her approval.

"Well, alright. But I'm paying for all of the clothes I buy." I warn playfully to Tom, who laughs at my comment.

"Of course m'lady." He said as we walked out of the store.

Tom

I had her with me, and this is how I wish it was every day. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have her but he also knew he stupid he was. And I'm going to prove to her that he isn't the man he claims to be. This love he claims to have for her is a lie, and Benedict knows it too. There she stands in a sundress, her body so amazingly curved and refine. How ironic that the man she loves isn't the one telling her all the beautiful things she deserves.

"Does it really good on me? I don't know." She said staring at her reflection in the body mirror.

"Of course, you look amazing. Honestly I don't know how you don't see it." I say placing my hands on her waist looking at her reflection.

"Sometimes I wonder if Michael still loves me, I mean I rarely see him anymore, what with work and all that." She said, and I scoffed not because she was being insecure but because I knew what he truly felt.

"Of course he still loves you, but that shouldn't matter. You're beautiful regardless if he's in the picture or not." I said, my arms still around her waist.

"You're such a good friend, thank you Tom." She said turning slightly, her warm brown eyes staring at me and a smile on her face.

"I'll always be your good friend," And maybe your lover too. I mentally said as she went back to get changed.

A friend is what she sees me as now, but we'll see how long it takes for that to change. Valentina is too precious for Michael, and we all know that. So I'll take her away from that in time, she'll know what real love is