Chapter I.

When I was a child I used to get so excited for Christmas; always looking forward to opening presents next to the Christmas tree that me and my mum used to decorate with all types of cute ornaments. Sometimes my dad would show up with my sisters and we would exchange gifts. I loved making presents for my family, cards with chocolates all over the inside of them, bracelets made by me, it was perfect.

But today I was just exhausted, phisically and emotionally drained. I just wanted to stay in bed for the rest of the day. It's been two weeks since I found out my boyfriend of two years was cheating on me the whole time. Whenever I wasn't in London he'd have girls in our flat. When I arrived earlier than expected to spend the holidays with him I found him on the bed with some girl years younger than him. Sick.

Needless to say that I left him right away, I came home with my mum and she didn't asked questions but I knew she had an idea of what happened. My parents never liked Jonnie. And telling them that he was cheating on me the whole time wasn't an appealing idea considering that they won't stop shut up with "I told you" and I was not in the mood.

"Lily, darling! Are you awake?" I heard my mum from outside my childhood bedroom, it was 8:45 and we always wake up early. Even on the weekends. If I get up after 9:00 I feel like I'm wasting my day.

"Yes." I groaned and pulled up the duvet to cover my face. I was really not in the mood to do anything.

"Remember Maddie? The woman I talked to you about?" She continued as I got up and made my way to the bathroom to do what I needed to do.

"They invited us over to have lunch with them. We'll be leaving after we open our presents." She said and opened my door to check up on me. I love my mother but I'm 20 and she still don't get it when I tell her she can't come into my room without my permission.

"Okay mother, give me a few minutes and I'll be ready." I tried to genuinely smile at her and she smiled at me back, knowing something was up. My mother was always there for me, supporting me in everything I do, but I wasn't ready for that talk yet.

She got out of my room and I proceed to get ready. Once I was done I made my way downstairs and saw my mum placing pancakes in my plate, a cup of tea and biscuits in my side of the table. I smiled at her and thanked her and started eating.

We were eating pacefully, talking about which flour was the best to make pancakes. Just random stuff.

"Let's open the presents darling!" She said excited, I forced myself to put on my best face. My mother wasn't the reason why I was angry- not even sad. I was angry at myself for not noticing sooner what kind of person Jonnie was.

"Dad sent these? When?" I asked as I read the tags in the presents.

"Yes, a few weeks ago. Well, open one!"

We opened all the presents, my sisters and little brothers sent me the cutest stuff, my father bought me a bag I wanted for so long and my mom bought me a matching jacket. I loved how after the divorce, my mom and dad got along very well. It was like they were best friends, and my mom loved my half-sisters and half-brothers too. I had a big family and I was very thankful for it.

After God-knows how many cups of tea and biscuits and Christmas films later it was already 12:00 and almost time to leave to have lunch with mum's friend. I went to my room and dressed up, applied some makeup and did my hair. Mum did the same and soon it was 12:49.

"Can you drive?" Mum asked me handing me the keys of her car. I nodded and exited the warm house into the cold weather of London.

____________*_______________*______________