2

The following day, exitted the circus crew like a gust a wind that blew past, no trace of its' existence as if only an exquisite phantom... No one could remember their faces but the shadow of their disappearing figures was imprinted in their minds. They only known of the glorious performance E.N.V.Y. had put on but the details of which wouldn't return ever to cease their paranoia. 

Yet, under their elegance, hid homicidal natures. A man's dead body along with a few other corpse, all of middle-age scattered across a plane of grass, laid out in a perfect circle were found. Never. They lied there peacefully, as if almost in hibernation for eternity except the drops of blood said so otherwise. The cause of death remaining a mystery still... for though the sanguinary state, no wounds or piercings were punched onto the containers of the departed souls. 

Where did they lie? That yet, spelled another question mark. They were nowhere to be seen by the villagers but if one ever stood on the flat of green they rested on, the valley would be within sight. 

But none mattered... for parents of child, they were but past history, forgotten and till the day they are completely wiped out from everyone's memories... Such time would come. Eventually, after the meantime of fear and distress... Even without the help of an outer force.

For ugly deeds we have done no less.

And spells sealing the truth were but an "just-in-case".

***

"I think I've won." Cheshire Cat sprung up from his tilted chair, his lean figure standing upright on his chair. They were in a dimly lit bar.

Juliet twirled a strand of her curly bob haircut unenthusiastically as Hansel and Gretel continued on with their conversation, communicating through not words but hand gestures only the two of them understood.

Madhatter leaned back into his leather sofa for the fussy character he portrays would not be able to sit still without any complaints if anything less fancier. "Old pal, quit it."

"But..." With a wronged expression, he sat back down with his arms crossed, going back to reorganising the poker cards in his hands.

"Straight flush!" He leaped up once more as five cards flew out of his palm, his grin showing off his sharp teeth. The Madhatter grunted in response as Ches started doing his victory dance.

Yet... when they weren't paying attention, another suit of cards was swiftly placed onto the middle of the table. The bold A, K, Q, J and 10 combination shining. A royal straight flush.

"Leo won." Little Red announced indifferently as her cards splattered out of her hand. Cheshire Cat directed an accusing glare at the silent masked figure, his own eye mask taken off, revealing a pale but handsome face that had a smug grin plastered on it 24/7.

"It's always him..." Ches pouted and crossed his arms as his eyes darted towards a mop of curly black hair for a split second. As Juliet met his eyes, he shifted his gaze away though this small action of affection didn't go unnoticed by the other members for they were sinners, trained to grasp the perfect moment for a murder. 

Hansel and Gretel exchanged a sympathetic smile as the Madhatter's eyes reflected of concern fused with some incomprehensible emotion. 

"Come here, Kitty." The golden pocket watch chained onto his ragged green top hat nearly twice the size of his head jiggled as he got up, bouncing atop his head of fiery orange curls. Ches froze as realization hit him yet grudgingly, he followed his old friend. Together, the two vanished, only to reappear balancing on the top of a roof tiled with purplish black rocks. 

"Kitty, remember when we first joined E.N.V.Y.?" His eyes gentle as Ches next to him nodded reluctantly. "I..." He decided to rethink his words before they tumbled out.

"I... I-I can't help it..." He took in a deep breath before admitting and a light blush surfaced onto his pale skin, illuminating his freckles across the bridges of his nose. His eyes softened as a certain figure popped into his mind, his gaze warm and loving as he stood, vulnerable from the death trap of unrequited love. 

Black.

***

"Hey." Juliet greeted the Madhatter as he strolled back into the room, her vision grazing over the the bleeding knuckles of his wrinkled hands without a single raise of pulse. Nothing seemed out of place except only she knew that her chest felt like ice. Her gaze sharpened unconsciously as she clenched her tiny fists behind her back.

A slurping sound distracted the heavy atmosphere as all turned towards a content Hansel in annoyance. The twins were licking the icing off freshly baked cupcakes and seeing everyone eyeing them, Gretel offered some innocently. 

Little Red Riding Hood laughed as she shook her head in amusement, petting the two toddlers before serving herself her favorite red velvet cream cheese cupcake, tossing a carrot one over her shoulder to the Lion King (Leo) and another cookies and cream to Juliet. 

Meanwhile, a blade pushed through one's heart was drawn out of a figure's back slowly. Deep red blood dripping onto the floor beneath. Another cloaked half transparent figure towered over the unguarded body, examining it with studious orbs as a different pair of turquoise ones fluttered open in a mixture of shock and pain, squirming in desperation yet his body lay still... Unable of motion. The body that was supposedly his. 

A burst of black shadowed energy in the shape of a claw attached to the mysterious figure formed, seizing the fragile figure beneath by the neck. 

A flash of lightning. 

A mop of purple hair.

"This is the consequence."