Unexpected

Recap:

He finally spotted Jake, and figuring Leah was most probably with him, walked over to him. Jake was seemingly busy making out with a very familiar figure. As he got closer, he realised that the familiar girl was Leah.

Anger and jealousy vibrated through his body, making him shake, his fists in tight balls ready to strike. He was a few feet from them before becoming conscious of the fact that he had no right to interrupt them. Leah was right about him; he was being a selfish dick. Gathering all his self-control he gave one last glance before turning in the other direction and walking away.

Leah pushed Jake off of her. What was she doing? The alcohol had finally taken effect by the looks of things.

“I’m s-sorry.” Leah was in the midst of turning around, when Jake pulled on to her wrist.

“Listen it was my fault I shouldn’t have kissed you. I took advantage of your state of mind. It won’t happen again, I don’t want you going around a party drunk. I’ll take you home, come on.” Leah nodded and allowed Jake to lead her in the right direction. On the way, she could have sworn she had seen Alex. 

Chapter 9: Unexpected

(Two years later.)

Leah could hear her phone ringing but she was too tired to pick it up. It was another one of Jake’s ‘little’ parties. It wasn’t that she had transformed into some one who gets wasted because of heartbreak. No she wasn’t that pathetic. Yesterday had marked two years of her being away from home. Belmont Bay wasn’t a bad place to be at, it was rather good. But she saw the way in which Jake’s pack had a special kind of bond, the one that can only be created with years and years of spending time together. The one she used to have with her pack.

She saw them every once in a while. Sometimes Blake and Katie came for a week or two. They both didn’t ask her any questions about her decision; even though Leah saw that they were dying to, especially Katie. But it wasn’t the same. She missed home deeply. She missed how she knew her town inside out, how she knew everyone inside out. Perhaps the one thing that disappointed her most was the lack of contact she had with Alex. Anger rose in her and took over every other sense in her body, like a fire it ate at her heart. He didn’t come to visit, not even a call to ask how she was going. No, not even that. That fact had remained part of her existence at Belmont Bay for the last two years. An ever standing barrier preventing her from really being herself. He was part of her and she part of him. She could never alter that. Neither could he. She didn’t understand why he couldn’t just give into it. She wasn’t that bad was she? She knew she wasn’t hideous but at the same time she wasn’t one of those model like girls that he was usually seen with.

His touch had haunted her for the last two years. How their bodies perfectly fit each other. Like they were made for one another. His tenderness, his soft kisses. Everything from that night was engraved deep into her memory.  Every night she would go to sleep remembering, wishing that he’d come back and apologies and tell her he loved her. But that never happened and it was never going to happen. Alex was a stubborn person; his pride way too big for him to admit he had made a mistake.