I - The Letters

Ash's POV

"Aw man I can't believe you're not going!" Harry whined into the phone.

"Come on man you have to come!" Jayden begged.

"Guys I already told you I'm not- thank you sir, come again soon!- I'm not going unless I know Mel is gonna be there. Otherwise, I see no point considering I'm pretty much surrounded by you two all the time!" I said with an eye role.

I had been at work, at the record store, when my housemates had called saying they had letters about a reunion. I would only go if Melody went, my old best friend. Man did I missed her.

"But dude-"

"Don't dude me. I already said I'm not-" I heard the door sensor go off so I quickly looked up to see a a young woman walk into the store. She had an unzipped army jacket on, underneath was a plain, dark blue t-shirt. She wore black leggings and knee high, black combat boots. Her long, wavey, black hair flowed freely about her. She had grey eyes, and slightly tanned (but slightly pale, like a sick Spanish person or something) skin.

In my opinion, she looked stunning.

I tried to say hello but failed. She wouldn't have heard anyways. She had black headphones on.

"OI! EARTH TO ASH!" I suddenly remembered I was still on the phone. I raised it back to his ear.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll see you when I get home later." I hung up and deposited my phone in my pocket.

The girl approached the desk and lowered her headphones so they sat around her neck.

"Hi. How much is this?" She asked sweetly as she handed me an old CD.

It was Who Cares? by Harmony's Fire. My old band. We named ourselves after Melody's older sister, Harmony, who had given us lessons and the instruments. But sadly she passed away before our first concert.

Harry had played drums, Jay had played bass, River had played keyboard, and Mel and I had played guitar. And Mel and I were the lead singers too.

It had been fun, playing music in my garage, or at school parties, we played the Halloween bash, and prom. We had done pretty good, even gotten a record deal. We only had the chance to release one album. River had just, well, practically disappeared. Shortly after, Mel had to go home, to Madrid. We didn't want to continue without them. It didn't feel right.

"Oh wow..... That, that brings back memories...." I smile as I scan it to check the price.

"Oh yeah?" She questioned, her grey eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Yeah, see the cover-" I held out the album and leaned over the desk to show her.

"Yeah. That's the band." she said, pointing to the 4 teenagers on the cover.

Melody had designed it actually. Well, she had drawn it and then we had done a photo shoot and added a background but it had been Melody's design.

The three guys stood side by side. I had a dark blue t-shirt on, with blue/grey jeans and trainers on, and my dark hair had been spiked up. Harry wore a yellow t-shirt with a picture of a storm trooper on it, and he had dark blue jeans on, and old man shoes, and his blonde hair had been combed, parted in the middle. Jay wore a half tucked red flannel shirt, with light blue jeans and trainers, his ginger hair naturally messy.

The three of us stood holding Melody, each of us holding a different part of her up. It hadn't been hard, she was fairly light.