IV Valerie

Melody's POV

"But darling, stay with me!"

"I can't believe you asked me to stay with you by singing Sam Smith!" I laughed threw the tears.

"Well believe it!" Ash smiled as he leaned down and kissed my head.

Ash's POV

We know she won't be able to go back to her old flat, I mean, that's the first place Jackson would look isn't it? And I really don't want her to have to even think about him once more. She's been through enough because of him.

"So, Mr Kylie-Ashley McKinnon-"

"Ash. Do not call me Kylie-Ashley." I scowled.

"But this says-"

"My parents were expecting a girl ok?" I sighed.

"Anyway, Ash, we were wondering if we could contact Miss Melody Rios's parents?" The Doctor asked.

"I don't know. Her dads dead, and I've not seen her mum in years, I don't even know if she still lives here." I thought back to my memories of Señor Rios.

"Hijo, vuelve aquí esta instancia!" Señor Rios shouted from the doorway.

I had been walking up the street to go see Mel when River Rios (his name literally was River Rivers) shoved past me, as his father (or Padre as they called him) shouted after him.

I approached the gate and saw Señor Rios staring after his son.

"Hola Señor Rios, uh..... Está..... Melody en.... casa?" I said Unsurely. Señor Rios spoke perfectly good English. But once, Harmony, his oldest daughter and oldest child, had dated a guy he didn't approve of because he couldn't say more than Hola! And he made her stop seeing him. Although (much to my disliking) we weren't dating, I didn't want that to happen to us.

"Ahh..... Well done Chico. Sí, she is home. She's upstairs in her bedroom." Señor Rios informed me.

"Gracias Señor, oh, my mother wanted to have a word with you about how we're all getting to the school show, could you maybe give her a call?" I asked as I walked up the path.

"I'll call her." he nodded as I entered the house.

The hallway was filled with pictures of all the Rios children, Rio, Ria, Richard, Harmony, Ray, River, Riviera and Melody. The biggest one was of all their children. Rio, Richard, Ray and River lay on their stomachs while all their sisters lay on their backs on top of their brothers. Everyone had a big smile on their face. Course, this photo had been taken in the days before Richard and Ria fell out with step mum number 3, after that they left.

I walked upstairs to Melodys room. The moment I opened Riviera and Melodys door, Melodys voice, a guitar tune, the sound of drums and a keyboard flooded the house. I quickly walked in and closed the door behind me.
.
"WELL SINCE IVE COME ON HOME, WELL MY BODYS BEEN A MESS, AND I MESS YOUR GINGER HAIR, AND THE WAY YOU LIKE TO DRESS! WONT YOU COME ON OVER, STOP MAKING A FOOL, OUTTA MEEEEE! WHY DONT YOU COME ON OVER VAAAAALERIE!" Melody stood in the recording booth singing at the back of the room. Probably another video for their Tías, Tíos and their..... Abuela? Something like it.

AN- my niece made a few pictures on this app for the story, she's 7 and really wanted to help so, here's a picture of teenage Melody.

She's a sweet kid that wanted to help out. Anyway, on with the story.

"Vaaaalerieeeee......" Melodys voice faded out with the music.

"Aaaaaand, cut! Great job guys, I'll burn this into a disc tomorrow K?" Rio smiled at me as he left the room.

"Oh, hey Ash, what's up?" Melody asked as she packed away her mic.

"Nothing, I just thought I could come over and we could rehearse our lines? I mean, we don't have to buttttt.... Yeah, I'm still terrible." I admitted.

Melody laughed and we went over our lines with the help of her brothers and sisters.

It had been a fun play, apart from dealing with Melodys ranting ("But it's a dress! I do not do dresses!") every two minutes.

AN- yet another picture by Tatiana Jackson (my niece)

I looked like such a snob and Melody had such a fake smile on!

"The hell are you smiling about?" Melody asked.

I looked up and realised I wandered back to the chair by her bed.

"I was just remembering our play-"

"No, I know where you're going with this but you're not saying a anymore than the play, got it?" she said sternly.

I reached my hand out and brushed a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, that reminds me-" she still had nowhere to stay.

"Guess it's true I'm not good at a one night stand.

"Wooooow..... You just asked me to live with you by singing stay with me....." Melody laughed.

"You've said that like 8 times in the last two minutes!" I chuckled.

"Well I am still pretty amazed you actually want to live with me....." she said quietly.

"Hey, don't talk like that ok? You know I'm your best friend, and I'll always be there ok?" I said sternly.

She looked up at me and reluctantly nodded.

"Ok."