That's My Thing

Re-adjusting his broken sheath back over his shoulder Nico paused at the top of the hill, dumping the worn thing on the grass by the lone tree as he stretched out his muscles. Nico rolled his eyes in annoyance at the throb of his muscles. Why does it feel so much lighter on my waist? There was still a dull ache where he had been slammed into with a shield, the faintest traces of dry blood matted within his raven black hair.

       His black skinny jeans were now torn and ripped at the knees, though in no way did it appear in a fashionable sense. Mud seemed to have found it's own way onto his body as it clung to his clothes and exposed skin. His hair was ruffled with locks of it sticking every which way despite his attempts to tame it before eventually giving up.

       So much for an easy mission; what was supposed to take only a few days turned into two weeks. It looks like he just came back from a wrestling match with a pack of hellhounds. Who cares. It's not as if he has to impress anyone with his looks anyways.

       His eyes scanned over the camp, the view from the hill allowing him to see inside the entire border of the camp. From here he could spot the Ares cabin mending their weapons and armour with some of the kids from cabin 9, the Athena cabin taking advantage of the sunshine to compare and analyse their books and scrolls, and the sound of squealing from the Aphrodite cabin as Travis and Connor Stoll come sprinting from the bushes with wicked smiles on their faces.

       Well, he thought dryly, glad to see nothing changed in my absence.

       Sighing deeply at the fact of returning to this dreaded cheery camp he picked up his sheath from the grass, suddenly feeling heavier in his hands, and trudged down the hill slowly.

As if his usual dark appearance didn't attract the stares of others, with his array of disheveled hair and clothes that looked as if he'd swam through mud Nico drew a lot more attention in his direction than usual. Keeping his head down and avoiding the eyes of everyone he passed Nico made his way to his cabin, cursing under his breath that it was the furthest away.

       After an eternity of having nothing but the eyes of others on his back Nico finally reached the safety of his cabin, relieved and thankful at its dark and imposing sight. Moving as quick as Zeus' bolt itself Nico raced up the steps, wanting nothing more than to be behind the safety of closed doors. However before closing himself in Nico didn't fail to catch the eyes of a certain camper still looking his way. This stranger opened their mouth as if to speak before closing it just as quickly, darting away as quick as Nico himself who pushed the doors closed in front of him.

        Emerging for the first time in a few days Nico squinted at the harsh light that crept into the cabin as the door opened. Maybe he should just stay inside a while longer. Everything seemed blurry to him as his eyes adjusted to the harsh light of the midday sun as he blindly took his usual seat at the foot of his cabin, closing his eyes and soaking up the warmth into his cold pale skin, almost causing him to fail to see the person that was making their way towards him.

       Ugh, who's coming over to bother him now? People typically tended to leave Nico in his own world of peace and quiet, those very few talking to him only when it was really necessary. It wasn't like he minded though; people were kind of annoying. "Hey Nico!" And only one person had a voice that chipper, Will Solace.

        "Hi Will," Nico said to him tonelessly, scowling slightly as Will's tall shadow blocked out his sun. Who does he think he is? And why was he talking to him of all people?