Mystery

(*Beca P.O.V*)

This sucked. Like, more than a two-dollar prostitute on a Friday night.

Forks was never going to be my home. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to stay with mom, not come here with dad.

Charlie Mitchell teaches comparative literature at forks high school. Yes, my father is a professor. Boring, but pretty good income which is why he has a three bedroom house.

I didn't take comparative literature, because who in their right mind would want to put themselves through that torture.

"Hi, you're the new girl, right? Rebecca Mitchell?" A girl with an Australian accent asked.

"Uh, yeah. It's actually Beca, though." I answered, taking the time to look at her. She was a big girl, but undeniably pretty- and she knew it. The blonde had a very confident air around her, smiling widely at me.

"Nice to meet you, Fat Amy's the name." She said, holding her hand out to shake.

I hope I didn't just mishear her. "You call yourself Fat Amy?"

"Yeah, so twig bitches like you don't do it behind my back." Fat Amy grinned.

"Ah, that's, nice." I said, nodding awkwardly.

"What have you got now?" She asked, gesturing for my schedule.

I passed it to her, and she carefully used her finger to trace along to the first lesson.

"Damn, we don't have many classes together. Chemistry and Spanish, but that's it. You've got calculus now, so I can take you there if you'd like." Amy said, handing it back to me.

"Thanks, Amy." I smiled appreciatively. She seemed like she could be a good friend. Hopefully.

We walked through the halls and I couldn't help but notice all the eyes following us.

"Why are they-"

"New meat. We don't get many new students, nobody in their right mind would want to live here." She said, "That, or it's just me. Because, I mean, look at me!"

"Why are you here then?" I retorted, hoping for a straight answer and ignoring the last bit.

"I was crowned best singer in Tasmania with teeth, so I thought I'd try my luck here." She grinned to show off her teeth, which were in fact there.

"Wow. That's a good story." I said in awe.

"Here's your class, I'll meet you in the cafeteria at lunch." She said, pointing in the direction of a big hall.

"Okay, thanks Amy." I said. Fat Amy smiled and waved back, strutting down the hall to her next class.

The bell rang as I stepped into the room. The teacher was already at his desk, so I walked up to him and dropped the slip I was told to get signed by all my teachers in front of him.

The class, as I swept my eyes over it, was full of students not rushing to get to their seats and standing around talking. Seemed about right.

"Uh, hi. I'm new here. I'm-"

"You must be Rebecca Mitchell! Professor Mitchell's daughter has finally arrived," he interrupted me.

Does everyone in this town know I'm coming here? How sad.

"Yeah, that's me." I said, rolling my eyes slightly. He didn't notice.

"Well, you can sit there next to Chloe." He said, pointing to a girl with bright orange hair. "And welcome to Forks!"