The Hidden Mist Village

(Mina's POV)

"Is everyone in position?" Kakashi asked all of us through the headset.

"Yup!" Naruto and Sakura said enthusiastically. Sasuke and I groaned in response.

"I'll take that as a yes! Go!" Kakashi yelled. Naruto swooped down and grabbed the cat. It started throwing it's paws at Naruto in a frenzy.

"Ow!" Naruto yelped as one of the claws grazed his face. "Can we go give this cat back to the stupid lady now?" Kakashi nodded and we made our way to the Hokage's office.

When we arrived, the Hokage and the cat's owner waited for us there.

"Oh, my baby!" She gasped loudly when we walked into the room. She grabbed the car from Naruto hugged it tightly.

"I would have left you, too," Naruto grumbled to me and I giggled. The woman left and we waited to hear about our next mission.

"When are we going to get a real mission?" Naruto yelled at the Hokage.

"You need to build up. You can't go from a rank D mission to a rank S mission," the Hokage told Naruto.

"But why are we just babysitting and catching cats? We are real ninjas now!" he continued to complain.

"You should be more respectful!" I said to Naruto as I hit him over the head.

"The most I can give you is a Rank C mission. There is one to escort a bridge builder to the Village Hidden in the Mist," the Hokage offered.

"We'll take it!" he said enthusiastically.

"Ok then. He should be coming soon."

CRASH!

Our heads all whipped in the direction of the door. A drunken middle aged man walked in with a bottle of Saki and looked at us.

"This is Tanuza. He is the person you will be escorting," the Hokage introduced.

"These spoiled brats are going to be taking me back to the village?" he asked with all his words slurred.

"SPOILED BRATS!?" Naruto yelled. "Who do you think you're talking to?" He started to run to him but me and Kakashi grabbed him.

"We're supposed to protect the client, not beat him up," Kakashi sighed.

"You will leave tomorrow so be ready. You are dismissed," the Hokage said. "Wait Mina!" he called out to me as I almost walked out.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Thee were a couple of things I would like to ask you about," he said.

"Yes, of course." What could be going on?

"I assume that Naruto talk you about the trying to hurt yourself thing, correct?" I nodded in response. "We had conducted an experiment when you were in the other word. We found that some people with depression were from our world, to put it bluntly. For example, you have a very powerful being in you and this caused you to have all these feelings and thoughts, and since it was so powerful, it took more of a toll on your body. The depression and the other illnesses were caused by the Kuubi," he explained.

"But how is that possible? I didn't even know that he was inside of me until I got here?"

"That's because chakra doesn't exist in your world. When we conducted our experiment, we had developed a very complex jutsu that allowed a team of three to use ninjutsu in your world. Kakashi is one of the only people who can do this jutsu, that is why I sent him to go get you. It's very complicated and I'm still not exactly sure as to why that is. Some children in your world had demons from this world and who knows how many worlds beyond this one and your old one. It's a lot to take in, but this is important information that I think you should know," he leaned back onto his chair and I was thoroughly confused.

"Why would Kuubi do that?" I asked him and looked down at my stomach.

"He may have not wanted to. Chances are, that was his way of surviving in your world since our world doesn't have chakra."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense," I stood up and dismissed myself. I had to have a very important conservation with Kuubi.

(In Kuubi's chamber)

"Kuubi!" I yelled into the cage.

"Yes?" he growled and his red eyes illuminated through the darkness.

"You have a lot of explaining to do!" I yelled.

"It would help if you stop screaming. And has it ever accrued to you that I have a name?" He said.

"What do you mean? Isn't it Kuubi?"

"No, it basically means 'Nine Tails'. My name is Kurama."

"Well, Kurama, don't try to change the subject!" I continued to scream.

"What do you need?"

"Why did you try to hurt me in my old world?"

"Oh, you mean in that other world or whatever? That was the only way that I could have survived in that world. You know that chakra is an essential element to living. That is no different for me. I took the form of a mental disease and stayed with you. I don't exactly know how I did it, I just did."

"How did I get over there in the first place?"

"I don't know. Is that it, princess?"

"No, why isn't my brother able to control his Kuubi?"

"His name is Kurama too. My counterpart is a little more..." he took a pause. "Hostile, so to speak."

"What?"

"You have half of my chakra. Your brother has the other half. I am willing to help you. My counterpart may think that your brother is an idiot."

"Well, can you blame him?"

"No," he said bluntly.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry I sprung on you."

"It's fine."

"Bye, Kurama!" I walked into the darkness, as Kurama's red eyes closed and disappeared.

(Normal world)

The next morning I woke up and got ready. Surprisingly, Naruto was already sitting in the living room ready to go.

"Well, you're up early," I said to him as I grabbed some water.

"I'm excited!" He shouted. "This is the first time I'm going to outside of the village!"

"Oh, ok." I grabbed my bag and Naruto and I left.

We arrived at the village gate and met up with the rest of the team.

"Are we ready to go?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes!" We all responded.