You're talking to me?

Prologue

*5 years ago*

“No Jenna stop it, that tickles” I said screaming as we ran around my house. Yup that’s me thirteen years old happy as ever and who is that next to me my best friend Jenna. We have known each other for 3 years now and ever since we meet we have been inseparable.

We ran through the house until we came up to my sister Sarah and her boyfriend Jack “Stop running in the house Ashley, you are going to break something” Sarah said “God you are impossible no wonder you only have one friend” she muttered under her breath. Jack chuckled at what she said and I looked at her wide-eyed hoping Jenna wouldn’t hear her.

 I knew if Jenna heard her she would never want to be friends with the geek who used to stay in the back of the class reading Harry potter.

Jenna must have seen my change in mood because she walked me away from my sister and told me sincerely “Don’t worry I will never leave you, no matter what.”

You really are the best friend anyone could ever ask for”

We continued chasing each other through the house and eventually made it outside, I kept running not looking where I was going and crashed into someone “oomph” the person said.

I am soooo sorry I wasn’t looking please it was an accident”

Tears were threatening to escape my eyes and I looked up to see a boy with sandy blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes he looked about the same age as me so thirteen. I just stared at him aweing and him.

“Close your mouth sweetheart” I immediately blushed and turned away. I started to walk away back to Jenna but she had a different idea. She went straight up to him “Hi I’m Jenna Taylor” she said flirtatiously “and you are?”

“Oh I’m Cody Harris I just moved in next door” he smiled “And you are?” he said directly looking at me. I turned around to see if anyone was behind me and pointed at myself “me?” I squeaked”

“Yeah what’s your name?” Before I could respond Jenna stepped in for me “oh her name is Ashley Collins” she said while twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

“Well we have to go right Jenna?” and turned to her begging her we could leave. “Fine” she huffed as she walked away she turned to Cody “bye Cody, I’ll see you around.” He waved back at us and I hurried inside. I stomped upstairs and laid down on my bed “arggg”.

Jenna walked upstairs “what crawled up your pants” I just stared at her she had never talked to me like that before. “Nothing” I huffed annoyed. That’s how my crush on Cody Harris started.

I thought Jenna would be there to help me get over it but a lot change.

The next summer Jenna came and didn’t even spare me a second glance ignored me and acted like I was nobody.

 I went back to being the quiet girl in the back of the class. I tried really hard to get over my crush but could so I just controlled it. I thought that’s how it could stay until I went off to my dream school, Oxford but I was really wrong.