Chapter 1- Crimson Red is my favourite shade

All rights rights reserved.

"The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain."

//\\

Chapter1- Crimson Red is my favourite shade

April 7th 5:33pm 2015

Spencer's POV

"I always knew she was a teachers pet" Emery said while taking a sip of her cola.
And texting someone with the other hand.

Maya Anderson the pretty, popular, sweet girl who everyone loves just got suspended for sleeping with Mr Stone the biology teacher. And as for him he was fired.

"I'm really annoyed that was one of my favourite teachers" I said.

"Whatever. Maya was a bitch and she got what she deserved and she did that all on her own. And as for him he's a jerk and an alcoholic."

"That's why he was one of my favourite teachers because he'd show up on some mornings half drunk." I exaggerated.

"True, it was pretty entertaining." She giggled

I reached in and got a packet of  raisins out of my bag.
"Spence what's with you and raisins?" She asked.
"Well... they taste nice."
"If you carry on, you might turn into one." She laughed.
"Haha.. hilarious" I said sarcastically.

She took another sip of her cola and continued texting.
"Who are you texting anyway?" I asked.

"Someone..". She looked up and gave me her usual mischievous smile.
"Is it a guy?"
She paused.
"Why do you care anyway?" She asked.

I do care because she's my best friend and it's normal for me to be over protective.
"Because I'm your Best friend and it's normal for me to be curious." I said while closing my bag.
"Whatever. What are you wearing for tonight?" She said while changing the subject.

"What do you mean? Where are we going?"

"It's the carnival. It's annual it happens every year how could you forget?" She said.

"Oh shit! I forgot." I replied.

"How can you forget your moms the mayor?" Emery replied.
"Well she's passionate about this stuff. I'm not. So it's likely for me to forget."

She reached in her bag and pulled out a mirror and a some red lipstick.

"What shade is it? Jungle red?" I asked.

"Hah no crimson red. Crimson red is my favourite shade. You'd never see me wear a different one."

Later that day.....

I stepped out of the shower and dried myself and then threw some clothes on.

I opened the bathroom door to see Emery giggling to herself with her phone across my bed.

"You Ok Em?" I asked.
"Yes, I'm fine."
I grabbed my hair dryer from my draw and plugged it in. And began to blow dry my hair. Drowning out the noise of Emery giggling, and letting my mind wander off, into space.

****

"Photo's people! PHOTOS!" My mother said enthusiastically.

She's not very classy for a mayor I'll tell you that. But I think she would be if my Dad was around. He sadly died when I was two. He had a tumour in his throat.
I sadly don't remember seeing him only from what my Moms told me and also the photo albums and video tapes. So I basically grew up with one parent oh and my 2 twin brothers who are called Daniel and Freddie they are a year younger then me and are so irritating.

We gathered around the fire place and took a photo even though I look like trash.
"Ok so lets go enjoy the rest of the day at the carnival." My mother said while opening the door.

I rolled my eyes and went through the door.

7:16pm

It was the usual crap every year there were fireworks, fair rides, floats, food etc.
Me and Emery decided to go and get some cott and candy.
She barely looked up from her phone and it's really starting to bother me.

"Em, seriously who are you texting?"

She looked up and glared.
"Just my aunt piper" she grinned.
"Well you've been texting her all day."
"Really?"
I nodded.
"Whatever." She said while taking a piece of cott and candy and shoving it into her mouth.
She began to look around. Almost as if she was looking for someone.
"Look Spence, I've gotta go."
"What? Where?" I asked.
She sighed. "Somewhere"
What she was just gonna leave me on my own?Wow what a friend.
"Look Spence I'll catch up with you later. Ok?"
I gasped "fine."
She smiled and walked away.

And that was the last time I spoke to Emery Winters.
\\\

There's the first chapter for you! Hope you enjoyed. - sassyunicorm_