Chapter 2- Unexpected

"One of the best feelings in the world is knowing your presence and absence both mean something to someone."

Chapter 2:  unexpected..

///////////
*Unedited chapter*
10:13pm

I looked at my watch, on my wrist. She's been gone for few hours now. I'm starting to worry.
People were already packing up their stalls. My mom left a couple of hours ago, along with my brothers.
There was barely any people here. I took my phone out of my pocket and started to ring Emery again.
I listened to the phone ring. I'm impatiently on edge until she'd pick up.
It went straight to answer phone.

In a matter of seconds by mother has bombarded me with messages.
Where are you?
Why aren't you home?
You with Emery?
Have you been kidnapped?
Please don't be kidnapped!
Call me.
Call me now.
Spencer,You'd better not be doing drugs!
Oh you've been doing drugs haven't you! That's why ur out so late!

Why does she always jump to conclusions?
Is it just my mother who does this?
Anyway it's past ten it's not that late.

Mom, relax. I'm not kidnapped nor am I doing drugs. I'll be home soon don't worry ;)

I sent the message, hoping it would go through.
Message failed to send.
Urghh! Now she's gonna text me even more.
I went around holding my phone up to see if I could get any service. I know I look stupid, but I don't care.
Wait! The school football field has the best service.
I quickly ran over to school which is just round the corner.
The cold air went up the back of my shirt and lifted all hairs on my skin. Why didn't I wear a jacket?
I walked across the field holding my phone up in the air.
"1 bar yess!" I cheered.
The bleachers of course! I could just stand on one of them and I'll get signal.

I climbed on top of the benches one by one.  I stepped, and there wasn't one there. Before I knew it, my face slapped the edge of the bench and my body fell through the gap.

My long brunette hair almost got caught on one of the nails as I fell.
As I landed it was painful. I let out a whine of pain, and then I realized I landed on something.

It was a phone.

Emery's phone.

Why is she out without her phone? My stomach turned in worry.
I tried to turn it on but it was dead.

I climbed out from under the bleachers, and was indecisive on what I should do next. Should I go find Emery or call it a night?

Let's call it a night.
I notice someone out of the corner of my eye as I stood besides the bleachers. Like a shadow or something moving in where the field lights are.

Spencer your just overreacting. I tell myself. I walk off the field then I see something. Something I'd never thought I'd ever see. I run towards underneath the bleachers.

Then I see a pale, fragile hand appearing through the dirt. It's wasn't moving. It wasn't there before I would of noticed.

O-M-Y-G-O-D

A dead body Is buried there.
I quickly pat myself down looking for my phone.
I dialled 911 straight away.
I noticed something familiar about this hand. It had Emery's ring on It's forefinger.