Split - Dennis X Reader - Fluff

Your eyes flutter open as you wake up. You feel cold then remember that Dennis had taken your shirt, leaving you in just your bra and jeans. You're about to sit up when you notice something pressed against your back. An arm reaches out from behind you and wraps it's self around you. You gasp and tears well in your eyes.

"I hope I didn't startle you" Dennis says, his voice soft.

"I wanted to apologize for striking you yesterday" He caresses your cheek which is still slightly red from when he'd hit you.

"I shouldn't have done that, but you can't try to leave again"

You take in a shaky breath.

"Why am I here?" You ask, your voice quiet.

There's a pause.

"Turn to me" He commands.

When you don't move he grips your hip, his nails digging into your soft flesh.

"Please" He whispers.

You slowly roll over so your face is almost touching his chest. He holds your head with his right hand, playing with your hair.

"Why would someone do this to such beautiful skin?" He asks, running his cold fingers along the scars and cigarette burns that littered your abdomen and shoulders.

"I know what your uncle does to you" He says.

"If you stay with me, I can care for you, I would never hurt you like he does" He pulls you closer to him as you start to cry.

You feel a strange sense of security as you bury your face in his chest.

"Shhhhhh, I'll keep you safe" He whispers and plants a kiss on the top of your head.

A sudden wave of sleepiness falls over you and you close your eyes, letting yourself fall asleep in his arms.