Split - Barry X Reader - Fluff

You put your book down with a sigh and look over at Barry, sitting at his desk. He's concentrating on another one of his drawings.

"Barry" you call his name, he doesn't seem to hear you.

"Baaaaaarryyyy" you call again, still no indication that he heard you.

You groan and get up off the couch, walking over to the desk hugging him from behind.

"What're you doing?" You ask innocently.

He sets his pencil down and holds the drawing up so you could see it.

"I'm trying to design something new but I don't know if I really like it" He replies.

"I think it's pretty" you tell him, nuzzling your face in his neck.

Barry sighs and picks up his pencil again.

"Oh Barry, can't we go out somewhere, get something to eat, go see a movie or something?" You ask, trying to snatch the pencil from his hand.

He holds the pencil out of your reach.

"I can't darling, I want to get this finished so I can show Dr. Fletcher tomorrow" He explains.

"You can work on it later, pleasssse?" You beg.

"I wanna spend more time with you, I hardly ever see you anymore, you're either at Dr. Fletchers or one of the others has the light"

"I - I don't know if Dennis and Patricia would-" He starts but you cut him off, spinning the swivel chair around so he's now facing you.

"To hell with Dennis and Patricia! I know they don't like me but that won't stop me from wanting to spend more time with you" you straddle his lap and wrap your arms around his neck, looking into his baby blue eyes.

He grabs your waist and pulls you closer, closing his eyes and pressing his forehead against yours. He sighs.

"You're right, I'm sorry" He says.

You smile.

"Does that mean we can go get Food?" You ask.

He grins back, opening his eyes and gazing into yours.

"Where do you wanna go?"