Split - Dennis X Reader Fluff

You look up from your spot in the corner as you hear footsteps outside your door.
You push yourself against the walls, the floor, cold on your palms. You wince as the rope around you wrists digs into your flesh. You watch the door nob turn and Dennis walks in, carrying a plastic tray. He stands at the door for a second just looking at you. Finally he breaks his gaze.
"Patricia left me this sandwich to give you" He says, walking towards you.

He places the tray down in front of you.
"Please don't make a mess, I left you a cloth just in case you do spill something" He starts walking away but turns and looks back at you.
He stops half way between you and the door and rubs his head with his right hand. He comes back over to you and places a rag on the floor, he kneels on it so he's eye level with you. "Hold out your hands" He commands coldly.
You obediently do as he says and he grabs your arm with his left hand while reaching into his back pocket with his right. Your eyes widen as he pulls out a small pocket knife and flicks it open. You look away as he cuts the rope from your wrists.
"These were a mistake" He says, stuffing the pieces of rope into his front pocket.
You look down at the red rings that wrap around your small wrists.
"I can uh, bandage them if you like" He says, his voice softer than usual.

You nod, holding your wounded arms close to your chest.
"Alright. Give me a minute" He stands up and walks back through the door.

You can hear rustling from the other room.
You take a bite of the sandwich while you wait, being careful not to spill crumbs anywhere.
Dennis returns, a small roll of fabric bandages in his hand. He Kneels down in front of you again and you willingly hold out your arms. He gently takes your hands in his and wraps the white cloth gingerly around your sore wrists.
"Th - thank you" you whisper.

He sighs again.
"Look, I'm sorry for hurting you" He says.
"I just get mad easily"

The whole time he'd been talking, Dennis hadn't let go of your hands. He rubs the backs of your hands with his thumbs. He takes your left hand and moves it up to his face, making you caress his cheek. You look on in a slightly confused awe as he presses your Palm against his mouth and closes his eyes. You've never seen him be this gentle. He opens his eyes and looks into yours then reaches up and lovingly tucks a strand of hair behind your ear. He runs his fingers down your cheek then stops, as if he'd only just realized what he'd been doing. He pulls his hand away from your face.

"I'm sorry, I-" before he finishes, he stands up and quickly walks out the door, closing and locking it.

You sit there for a moment as you listen to his footsteps slowly fade. You reach up and touch your cheek. You find yourself smiling and for once since you'd been there, you feel safe.