Chapter 4

It Was 11:00 By The Time Grant Woke Up. He Got Up And Got Dressed , Wearing Black Jeans And A White Shirt. When He Finished Lacing His Shoe's He Grabbed Skye's Bag Of Clothes And His Car Keys Off The Kitchen Counter. When Driving It Hurt Him Inside Knowing He Had To Go To The Hospital To See His Wife. He Wishes This Would All Be A Dream He's Having Or For SomeOne To Pinch Him And He'll Wake Up From This NightMare. Why To Them?. He Didn't UnderStand Why. "Did This Happen To AnyOne Else?" He Muttered. He Parked At The Side Of The Hospital Locking His Car , He Walked Back Inside. The Curtain To Where She Was Resting Was Open He Walked To The Front Desk "Excuse Me, I'm Looking For My Wife Skye Ward" He Turned Around "She Was Right Over Here Yesterday" He Explained. The Lady Looked Down At Her Computer, Looking Back Up She Smiled "Well, It Looks Like They Moved Her Up To The VIP Floor"

He Was Confused. VIP Floor? The Lady Got Up From Her Chair "Just Go Down Here And Take The Elevator To The Second Floor And Make A Right" He Slowly Nodded "Ok Thanks" He Walked Out Making His Way To The Elevator. He Didn't Ask For Her To Be Switched Rooms. He Would Have Remembered. He Started Jogging His Way To Her Room. When He Saw The Door Open, He Walked In. Only To See Cal And Jiaying. He Heard The Nurse Speaking "Skye" Cal Interrupted "It's Daisy" The Nurse SIghed "Daisy, Your Long Term Memory Recall Is Still Intact And I'm Very Optimistic The Rest Of Your Memory Is Going To Improve Within TIme" She Finished Then Turned To See Grant "Mr.ward I'm So Glad Your Here".

Grant Could Barely Believe What He Was Hearing Let Alone Seeing. He Knows That She Decided It Would Be Great To Have Her Parents On Her Medical Card. She Hasn't Seen Them In Awhile, She Barely Found Them 5 Months Ago. He's Was Happy When She Wanted Her Name To Stay 'Skye'. "This Is Ridiculous" He Heard Her Father Say. Grant Rolled His Eye's. Her Parents Also Weren't Very Fond Of Him Either. Skye's Mother Walked Over To Him Staring At Him Like She Might Just Choke Him To Death. "Do You Know How Disconcerting It Was To Hear Second Hand That Our Daughter Had Been In The ICU For Weeks And We Hadn't Been Told"

He Hesitated Before Answering He Knows He Should Have Called Them "I'm Sorry" Was His Only Response. "You Should Have Called Us" She Shot Back, Simply Not Pleased With His Answer. "So Nurse, What's The Next Step?" Cal Asked. "The Sooner She Settles Back Into Her Life And Her Normal Routine, The Better. Starting In A Week Or So I'm Gonna Recommend Sk-Daisy See A Neural Psychologist." Her Parents Just Smiled. "Ok" Jiaying Nodded At Cal Then The Nurse, While Walking Over To Skye And Caressing Her Cheek "Whatever Are Daisy Needs"

Cal Smiled Again "Yes, whatever She Needs Therapy Or Specialists Even Both. We'll Make Sure She Get's The Best. She Can Come Home Where We Can Take Care Of Her. Her Mother Can Make Up Her Old Room And I Can Take Some Time Off Work" Grant Wasn't Liking The Sound Of This At All. "Um I Don't Mean To Be Disrespectful We Both Would Really Appreciate That, But You Both Heard Skye's Doctor Say That She Needs To Go Back To Her Normal Routine. Her Life With Me Is Her Normal Routine" Cal Looked At Him With Anger Is In His Eye's "Daisy" Grant Once Again Sighed. Her Mother Turned To Face Him "Yes, We Heard And Her Normal Routine Is With Us" She Argued. "Actually, If I Remember It's Not BeCause You Guy's Weren't Even-" Grant Stopped Himself Before He Said The Wrong Thing. He Thought About It.

He Knew He Shouldn't Say Anything For Skye's Sake. He Also Knew Just BeCause He Can Live Without His Family Doesn't Mean Skye Wants To. Jiaying Eyed Him Carefully "That's What I Thought" She Smiled "Now Why Not Let Her Come Home With People She Knows And Loves?" They Couldn't Be Serious. Really? He Could Barely Even Breath Nor Function Without Skye Then They Barge In Her Life With The Perfect Opportunity To Take Her. He Knows It's Selfish But Skye. He Couldn't Bare It If She Fell In Love With SomeOne Else, But If That Were To Happen The Best He Could Do Is Be Happy For Her. Why Was That Even In His Mind? .