Chapter one

Alex

New year, means new chances. I reminded myself, as I carefully walked down the ramp to my school. It was my first year in sixth grade. Actually, my first year at a real school that doesn't include just burying my head in books all day, and having a crappy teacher that's always asleep and could care less what the hell I was doing.

I made my way to the end of the ramp, and gazed around the huge room, which was most likely the cafeteria.

"Name?"

I turned around, to see a teacher facing me. "Alexander Hamilton." I responded.

The woman nodded and flipped through a huge stack of papers, then handed me one. "Here's your schedule. Have a good year!" She said, with a huge grin plastered on her face.

I stared at her then just slowly nodded in response. I tightened my backpack on my back then looked at my schedule. I froze and turned back to the woman, "Er, ma'am what table do I go to?"

The lady stared at me and blinked her eyes narrowed then her eyes widened and she nodded and pointed to a table, then turned back around to greet another student.

I turned around as well, then head to the table she had pointed at. Once I was there I sat down and set my bag down beside my chair.

"Hi. Are you new?"

I turned to the voice to see a huge man looking at me with a huge grin. I observed him, he was quite big for his size, and by that I mean big in muscle. He had a red bandana tied around his forehead, and a simple tea shirt and cackies.

"Yes sir, my name is Alexander Hamilton."

The mans eyes widened a bit, "Sir? Hold on there dudebro, this is only sixth grade." He said with a little snicker, then he grinned and grabbed my hand firmly and shook it. "I'm Hercules Mulligan."

I nodded, "It's nice to meet you." I responded with a slight smile. Hercules broke the hand shake, letting his hand fall to his side.

"So, whose your homeroom?"

"My what?"

"Homeroom? Homeroom teacher?" He said staring at me, while I just gave him a blank stare in response. He groaned, then grabbed the paper in my hand.

My eyes narrowed slightly as his eyes skimmed the paper. He grinned, "Ah! You got Mrs Laboy. She's definitely an.. interesting teacher. Lucky for you, so do I. I could show you around if you want?"

I grinned, "That would be nice!" He nodded, "Alright. Just follow me. Today we won't be doing much, since it's the first day and all. Tomorrow will just be us getting used to our other teachers."

"Other teachers?" I said staring at him confused. God, sixth grade is confusing.

"Yea. We have these things called Cores. There's first core, second core, and third core. They're basically classes, but a weirder name."

I just gave him a blank stare in response. He groaned, "Look, Laboy will explain it in class." He murmured.

He looked at my paper once more and smiled, "We have one class together! But that's not until second core."