Chapter 1

"Well?" Nate asked gesturing to his face. I squinted my eyes, turned my head to the side and made a square out of my fingers, dramatically moving my hands back and forth from my face to his.

"I mean, I kind of can't see it," I say and continue with my movements.

"It's bad, isn't it?" his voice was getting more frantic, and I was kind of concerned for his well being. "Oh no, oh no, oh no. It's really bad, I can tell."

"Oh shut up, pansy ass. Your precious little face will be fine." I laughed and returned to my normal state of bitch-iness.

"You have to be fucking with me. There is no conceivable way that this is fine!" I swear, this kid was going to have a heart attack if he continued like this.

"Really, Nate. It's fine, just chill out a bit." Miriam gave him a small smile of encouragement, but it didn't help.

"Oh no, I think this is it. My life is flashing before my eyes! Tell my mother I love her! Tell Melanie I'm not really sorry for sleeping with her sister! Tell Alyssa that she's a total Butter Face! For you, dear friends," Nate paused his slow fall to the cafeteria floor as he reached out and grabbed my face, squeezing my cheeks in an unflattering manner. "Never forget me..." he ended his dramatic monologue with a grasp to his chest before his eyes closed.

"Hey Siri?" I ask to my phone that's not even on, but Nate doesn't need to know that. "How do you hide a body?" Miriam started laughing as Nate's phone answered.

"What, again?" his Siri said, in a male voice with a British accent, mind you. We all burst into laughter and Nate sat up, looking at all of us (including male Siri) with narrowed eyes.

"I hate you all." he said as he stood up and got back in his seat.

"Sure you do. Now come here and I'll fix your face." I pulled out my makeup bag and Nate dejectedly scooted closer. That's right, folks. Lil Nate was getting all hung up on a tiny little zit on his cheek. In all honesty, it was barely noticeable, but I wasn't going to let the chance to put makeup on him pass me by.

"I feel like this is harming my masculinity." he groaned but made no move to get up.

"If this is harming your masculinity, then I hate to say it, but it was probably pretty fragile to begin with. Miriam, pass me that brush?" Miriam didn't even look up from her math homework as she handed it to me. I get it, she has math next period and even though Miriam is really smart, she's a procrastinator extraordinaire.

"Oh, guess what?" Nate asked and I sighed.

"Let me guess, you got another STD. What're you at? 10? 11? 12? I lose count." Miriam laughs a little so I know she's listening, but Nate just glares.

"Twenty-three, but that's not the point. It's football tryouts!" he yells excitedly. Nate is a total jock in every single stereotypical way- except for the fact that he's super pale and has orange hair, in an aggressive ginger sort of way.

"I see. Seeing half naked men gets you all hot and worked up. It's perfectly natural at your age to want to start exploring other things. Just know, I support you %110. I pride myself on being nonjudgmental, and even though I'm sure it may be a shock to your parents at first, they-" my ramble was cut short.

"Em! Shut up! Please!" Nate was yelling, and I was trying not to laugh but Miriam was failing completely.

"Okay, okay, I get it. But I thought football tryouts were this summer? I get that it's the first day of school, but I thought you guys were practicing all summer?" I bit my lip as I focused on getting Nate's makeup just right.

"That was just conditioning. Coach wanted everyone to be in the best shape before actually determining the teams. Apparently we have some walk-ins too. Coach said they just moved here from Pennsylvania or something and that they're really good."

"Aw, is somebody a widdle nervous for competition?" I ask in my best baby voice, putting my makeup away and gesturing to Nate that I was done.

Nate examined his face in the little compact mirror I gave him and nodded in approval. "No, just excited. I hope they're cool; I could really use more guy friends."

Miriam looked up from her math book and brushed her dark brown hair out of the way of her brown eyes. Nate saw the look in her eyes and backtracked.

"Not that having female friends is bad! I quite enjoy females... as friends too."

"We get it Nate, you love us and all that mushy stuff." the bell rang, showing the end of our lunch period and I got up. "Now don't skip class this time, got it?" I waved a warning finger at Nate.

"Got it, Mom." he sighed and trudged away.

I slowly started walking to math class with Miriam. "I wonder who those new people are that Nate told us about."

Miriam shrugged. "Maybe they're in some of our classes."

"Maybe."

--------

Hey Hey you you I don't like your girlfriend

No way no way I think you need a new one

Hey Hey you you I hope you like my story

No way...

Anyways, HI!!! I honestly don't know if this is a long or short chapter, but I think it kind of introduces a few characters and their dynamics. Next chapter will be more of this stuff, sorry for boringness.

Bloop.

-Jac