Chapter 3

"I'm really not sorry." I said for the tenth time.

"Get out of my house." He said for the thirteenth time.

"Parker Brooks! Apologize!" Eve demanded.

He groaned and pushed the ice pack I was holding away from his face. "But Mom, she's the one that hit me, not the other way around." he glared at me, "I'm sure you remember."

I did remember.

15 minutes earlier

I turned around and without thinking threw whatever book I was holding. Once I realized what I've done, I winced slightly.

"Oh no, are you okay?" I rushed over. "I'm so sorry, it'll never happen again. I promise."

"What the fuck? Who are you?" the tall figure standing to my left asked.

"Um, can you shut up? Can't you see there is a legitimate crisis going on here?" I picked up the book and hugged it closely. "It'll be okay, it'll be okay..." I murmured to the poor book.

"Really? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You just fucking hit me in the face with- let me see that," he ripped the book from my grasp, "Romeo and Juliet, really? You couldn't hit me in the face with something more respectable?"

"Excuse you! Are you really saying that Shakespeare isn't respectable enough for you oh-so-precious face? You have got to be shitting me!" I crossed my arms and glared up, just now seeing this guys' face. And oh my goodness. Boy-oh-boy I was not ready for that. He was a solid foot taller than me, with dark brown hair the green eyes. Like hella green. HELLA GREEN. I know, I'm so great at descriptions.

"First of all, stop creepily staring at me. Second of all, you think my face is precious? How cute. Third of all, did I ever insult Shakespeare? Did I? No. I insulted Romeo and Juliet specifically. Pay attention." his glare was boring straight into me, with one hand still cupping this head. "Fourth of all, why are worried about a book when you injured an actual living human being? Seriously? And fifth of all, who the fuck are you?" he took a step forward.

I took a step back. "First of all," I mocked him, "why would I waste my time staring at you when there are much more attractive things in this room to look at. Second of all, ever hear of sarcasm? Fuckwad... Third of all, unless you can justify why you insulted a literary classic, fuck you. Fourth of all, your spine can be healed. This spine," I gestured to the book in my other hand, "will be permanently damaged. And fifth of all, don't fucking cuss at me you asshole."

It was a glaring match at this point, neither of us willing to relent. And then he spoke again.

"First of all, I am what the ladies call 'hot as fuck' so get over yourself. Second of all, we all know my face is a fucking work of art, no need to lie. Third of all, I'm pretty sure a story about teenagers killing themselves because of 'love' is justifiable enough. Fourth of all, I can't even argue with your screwed up logic, you're so fucked in the head. And fifth of all," he stepped closer once again, but when I tried to back up, I was against a wall. I could feel his breath on my ear has he whispered slowly, "who the fuck are you?"

"Um... Am I interrupting something? Because I can go..." Morgan trailed off, but didn't look embarrassed at all. In fact, she was smiling brightly at the whole situation.

I shoved him out of my way and smiled back, "Nope! We just finished discussing arguably the most notable work of Shakespeare's life." I held up the book and shook it a bit for emphasis.

"Well, in that case, Eve says she wants to talk to you. Both of you." She pointed her thumb at the door and I sighed.

"Okay, whatever," I tossed the book, ensuring that it landed on the bed safely.

And that's how we ended up here. Him icing his face and me trying my best to get out of this situation. Sadly, Eve was intent on me staying and Morgan found great pleasure in my pain.

"I'm really sorry, but I have some homework to do and we should be really getting home." I said to Eve, but this Parker kid just rolled his eyes.

"Don't be silly. We have plenty of time. Don't listen to her, Eve." Morgan grinned my way and I gave a strained smile.

"Morgan? Why don't you come with me to the bathroom real quick? I just need to show you something." I was shooting her crazy eyes.

"You need to show her something in the bathroom. Wow, that seems so likely. Next time just say 'hey, Mom said she needs us over' or 'you know what, I have to go' literally anything else would've been more believable." Parker said. I turned my head slowly to glare at him.

"Oh yeah, and what totally believable lie are you going to tell people about what happened to your face." I shot back with a shit-eating grin.

"Easy," he smirked, "I was with some chick and she got just a little too kinky for my liking."

I narrowed my eyes at him, expecting to hear Eve yell at him, but there was nothing. I swiveled around so fast I probably wiped out three villages with the intensity of my hair flip. Eve and Morgan were gone. Presumably not too far, but they still left me. With him.

"I cannot even believe you right now. Actually, I'm just praying that we don't have any classes together, because if I have to stand being around you for an extended period of time, somebody is going to end up dead." I say this mostly to myself, but this doesn't stop him from answering.

"Oh please, women are genetically coded to love me. It's science." he shrugged.

"I really don't believe that. You're an ass." I shot.

"But my ass is normally what women love best." he fake pouted.

"I'm leaving." I stand up and start walking to the door, not even bothering to find Morgan.

"Really?" he scoffed, "You haven't even apologized. Maybe a kiss will do."

"Oh sure," he looked taken back. "Kiss this." I held up my favorite finger and stomped out. In a very dramatic fashion, if I do say so myself.

-

HEY HEY

I'm sorry these chapters are hecka short. I swear I didn't mean it.