Chapter 2

John's P.O.V

OMGOMGOMGOMG! What did I just do?! Did I call Alexander CUTE? (Fun Fact: When I wrote 'OMGOMGOMGOMG', my computer wanted to correct it to 'MONTGOMERY' and all I could think was "I was a captain under general Montgomery until he caught a bullet in the neck in Quebec")  

TURTLES!: Laf help

FrenchFry: Why? what happened? r u ok?

TURTLES!: Just meet me at the coffee shop asap

FrenchFry: cya soon mon ami

(PLZ DON'T JUDGE THE FRENCHNESS!! I cant french! sorry... but the internet is very helpful XD)

Why did I say that? I didn't mean it right? But I had my arm around him earlier... but he can't like me back... like he was obviously uncomfortable! I know my way to the coffee shop like the back of my hand and I've only been here for a few days, but I wasn't paying attention and I walked into the door. I here a roar of laughter from inside the shop and lookup to see Lafayette rolling on the floor laughing at me. I cant help but laugh myself. I walk into the shop OPENING THE DOOR THIS TIME and go sit with Laf who had removed himself from the floor and sat in our usual booth.  

"Bonjour mon ami! What's wrong?"

"I think I like Alex" I say feeling distressed. Laf had obviously been here a while as he already had food when I arrived.

"Who?" He asks, taking a huge bite from the donut he had in front of him. Oh right, I haven't told him about my roommate yet...

"Alex is my roommate. Cause unlike you I didn't get put with my "Best friend"" Laf says that Herc is his "Best friend" but everyone know they love each other.

"OOOHHHHHH JOHNNY'S GOT A CRUSH! JOHNNY'S GOT A CRUSH!"

"Ssshhhhh! Your relatives don't need to know!"

" Yeah but their gonna know! JOHNNY'S GOT A CRUSH! JOHNNY'S GOT A CR-" I jump on him and cover his mouth before the world knows just as Herc walks in.

"What is even happening here? Actually never mind I don't want to know..."

"OHHH but ya do! Ya know why?"

"*sigh* Why?"

"Cause JOHNNY'S GOT A CR-"

"SHUT IT LAF!"

"Gee, someones a snapping turtle today... whats up?"

"He's got a crush on his roommate"

"LAF!" God I hate him sometimes...he just doesn't know when to shut up.

"REALLY?!" 

"Oh no, not you too?"

"SQUEEEEEEE!" God these guys are so childish. 

"I'm leaving..." They don't hear me because they're to busy fangirling and trying to figure out how to get me on a date with Alex(lol me). They haven't even met him yet! They haven't had the chance! Whatever... I have to walk. I would go back to the dorm, but I'm not ready to face Alex yet.

Time-skip to later brought to you by pyjamas cause I should probably be asleep :)

I check my phone and see that its 10:55 and the dorm building locks at 11. I jog back through the streets I walked through only moments ago and walk into the dorm building at 10:59. I stand in the lobby panting as I try to catch my breath. I walk up the stairs slowly, dreading the thought that Alex might be awake and I'll have to talk to him... I unlock the door and open it slowly. luckily Alex is asleep, face down on his keyboard. I subconsciously pick him up and place him on his bed. I quietly chuckle at the imprint of the keyboard on his forehead. I kiss his forehead right where the space bar had been pressed into his skin... wait... WHAT DID YOU DO JOHN LAURENS?!?!?!? AHHHHHHHH!!! Breath...Breath... Brea-

*black*

Alex's P.O.V

I wake up on my bed even though the last thing I remember was smashing my face against my keyboard in frustration. It hurt then but not so much now. I feel that there's weight on my legs as I try to move them to get up. I look down and see John. OH GOD JOHN! IS HE OK?! HE LOOKS LIKE HE PASSED OUT! Ok chill Alex. pulse. Check his pulse. Ok... these a beat... that's good...um... what now? do I put him in his bed? I'm so weak! I can't carry him all the way over there! I shuffle my legs out from under him and try and see if I can make him comfortable on my bed. just as I finish, he wriggles around and seems to be happy after curling into a tight ball and hugging the pillow. I check the time. 1:07. Gee that's the longest I've slept in a while. I yawn. where can I sleep? John's in my bed. I could stay up? Nah, we don't have enough coffee for that. I could use the couch? No way the cushions are basically made out of concrete. What about John's bed? NO! ALEX NO! But he wouldn't mind would he? I mean I could just get up early and make it seem as though I had stayed in my bed and just woken up before him? I wriggled into his sheets and immediately forgot about everything else... they smelt of strawberries and a hint of herbs. The smell was soothing... I soon find myself drifting into a deep sleep, but I had a smile on my face.

-::>----------<::-

(This thunderstorm cliche is brought to by Bruno Mars cause... I think you know why...)

A crack of thunder shook the window... Shit i thought as I feel my body start to shake almost as violently as the window was. I hear the wind whistle though the unsealed parts of the window. The room lights up as a thread of lightning strikes. That's when the memories start...

"Alexander, hurry!" My brothers grip on my hand tightened.

"James, whats happening?!"

"JUST KEEP RUNNING!" The howling of the wind grew louder as the rain fell harder and faster. I can hear screams echoing through the streets and the gurgles of others drowning. Suddenly, a huge wave crashes down over our heads. All I could hear then was my brother...

"ALEXANDER!!" The grip on made hand that made me feel safe was quickly torn away and I felt my stomach drop. I couldn't feel my brother there. I couldn't see my brother there. I couldn't hear my brother there. My brother wasn't there...

"ALEX! ARE YOU OK?! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! ALEXANDER!" It was John. His arm was around my shoulders and he had wrapped his quilt around me. My voice is stuck in my throat and I'm trying to say I'm fine. If John didn't think I was a crybaby before, he most certainly did now. The storm seemed to settle and I took my head off my knees and looked up. Then more thunder shook the ground. I jump into a hug with john for support. He held me, letting me cry on his shoulder. Then I hear him softly sing one of my favourite songs...

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you

We find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

If you're tossin' and you're turnin'
And you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Every day I will remind you

We find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, never say goodbye
You know...

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

You can count on me 'cause I can count on you  

I stop crying and shaking as his embrace makes me feel safe. I wasn't letting go anytime soon...

A/N OOOK... I'm sorry but I hope you cried cause I cried whilst writing it! more songs. No Emma Blackery yet but I have plans... about 1371 words in this one so just a LITTLE more than the last. Hope you're enjoying it!

-Charli<3