Chapter 2

His black trans am seemed to shine so bright like a newly bought car right out of the dealership. It was so hard to believe this car was the same age as me. He stopped me and remained in his drivers seat. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest like butterflies that have broke free from a metal cage. I tried to take deep breaths and calm myself down. I managed to let out a hey and a smile. He quickly smiled and nodded, "so you want to take a walk by the bay right?" He asks me, his eyes glaring right into my own brown eyes. "Yeah the weathers beautiful for a walk" I say awkwardly as I start to walk towards the bay where Jasmine was sitting on an olive wooden bench. "You want a ride?" He lets out a chuckle and I swiftly turn around and make my way into the passenger seat. The top of the car was off the sun was beaming on us. His car was a complete mess in the back with car parts and a few worn t shirts. 80s music was blasting from his stereo. "Hold on tight" he lets out a grin adjusting his glasses and presses the gas. His trans am lets out a huge roar like a lion aggravated ready to attack his lunch and he starts doing doughnuts then speeds and making a u turn towards the bay. My heart starts beating faster this time scared for my own life. He looks over me laughing, and I let out a quiet laugh. I mean it was kinda fun but at that moment I was scared shitless. My phone rings and I quickly turn it on silent.
Jasmine- Oh my god I can hear his car are you okay???
Rina- yes I'm flipping out But I'm alive we're going to the bay
Finally parking his race car, a young man in his 20s approaches Taylor and they start talking cars. He asks him something about his lsx wheels and his exhaust. Taylor proudly explains all the specifications of his car. I didn't expect his voice to be that high pitched. When he was talking it seemed like he had a lisp and seemed to talk rather low. He had a black t shirt that said, "SK speeding and racing equipment" printed on the upper left side with a small stain near the middle section and a pair of jeans with dark Nike sneakers. As we make our way to the road along the bay he glances over me, "You know for a sec I was worried an old lady in her 70s was going to come up to me" I laughed and look over at him walking on my left side. He's taller than me by 8 inches but so skinny. "This is actually my first actual date from tinder" I confess quickly looking at him. I quickly add, "I mean I've seen my share of freaks." He smiles and goes into a conversation about his mother. "I told my mom I'm going out on a date and she's like awesome go for it. She honestly just wants someone to shop with" I smile and look shly at the ground, "I like shopping."
What was a 30 minute walk felt like 10 minutes as we talked about his friends and work. Starting drinking at 14, he had some pretty wild nights with his group of polish friends. "You know your a lot shorter than I expected" he says looking at me. My heart starts beating fast, "Is that a bad thing?" I ask looking up at him almost like for approval. "Of course not, it's in fact very cute." He smiles and his eyes light up for that second. I didn't think about Carl until he brought him up ten seconds right after our cute moment. "One of my friends Carl, smokes all the time, he gave me this vape for my birthday and he got one himself but it makes him smoke more." He says pulling out a vape and taking a huge puff. The air around us soon became a huge cloud of nicotine and a flavor that smelled like cherries and oranges. "I gotta hide this in my room from my mom. Once my mom found it and like flipped out. I didn't want to make her upset so just said I was stashing it for my friend Patrick. She of course believed me I mean Patrick is Something else; drink in one hand cigarette in the other and a new girl on his lap every hour." He looks at me as we walk to the side and observe the sparkling waters. "Do you smoke cigarettes or do any drugs?" I asked him awaiting a response. "No I hate cigarettes I can't stand their scent and no I'm against drugs even though most of my friends do them, I'm always like thanks man I'm good." I paused for a moment and ask again, " Do you have like a close circle of a few friends or your really social?" He responds in an excited tone, "I have like a group of friends, they're basically my family I would do anything for them you know." He looks back at the water and asks,"how about you?" I pause for a second. "I mean I used to have a group of friends but you know high school reveals everyone's true side so I just have my best friend and a little group of others." He nods and asks, " so you want to go back to the car and make it in time for the summer parade by the beach?" I grin, "yes of course." I spot Jasmine as she tries to act cool and can't help but make a chuckle keeping my laughter inside.
   Sweet dreams by La Bouche started playing and Taylor started lip syncing the lyrics. I managed to smile but his voice seemed so girly. I was too embarrassed to lip sync with him and just kept smiling the whole time as Taylor kept looking at me from time to time. I texted Jasmine we were on our way so she could take the train and meet us there.
Jasmine- oh my god the trains don't work! They're all going to the city not the beach cuz of the Summer parade
Rina- Omg okay it's okay he seems nice I got This I think. I'll try to text you time from time but whenever I look at my phone he seems annoyed.
Jasmine- what the hell okay but do you like him?
Rina- yes I'll tell you more later.
The top of the car was still off making it a convertible and the sun rays hit my skin and heated his dark leather seats making them burn my skin. Oh my god I'm going to have burns if I don't get out of this car soon enough! "Ah now we have to find parking" he says while closely examining the street. The streets were soon filled with the sound of trumpets and people clapping and screaming. A couple of people walked by dressed in vibrant dresses with painted Suns and wigs while wearing too much makeup for a hot summer day.
After circling for 20 minutes my head started to spin. There's no parking! Holy shit please god I can't take this car anymore. "Hmm I guess no parking then. Man I really wanted to see the beach; I've been here a couple times with my friends in the summer drinking a few beers and splashing in the water." He said changing the song to Roses by the chainsmokers. "Wow I love this song!" I said excitedly. After we hit the highway once again I pulled my hair and tried to keep it up. I was sweaty and I was sure all the perfume I used wasn't going to help. "So where do you want to go now?" He says looking over at me while shifting gears on his death trap of a car with NO AC. "Umm how about movies?" I ask knowing he loves horror films. "Sure, let me just put in the directions to the theater, what's it called?" He hands his phone over to me. His phone is cracked and he has way too many apps I notice Yelp amongst all of them. "Okay so it's called Shoreshead Movie Theater and we can make the 3:00 movie for Conjuring." I say my voice stuttering a bit because scary movies are not my thing at all. He lets out a smile, "awesome lets do this I'm excited" he presses the gas and I let out a gentle scream turning it into laughter as his car speeds on the highway. At least the wind hitting my face felt good. Almost out of that car.