Chapter 1

June 18th,2016
The warm June sun illuminated the lilac walls of my bedroom as my alarm buzzed in my ear. Hitting the off button I made it out of bed sliding into my ivory slippers placed under my bed. Turning off my ac I opened the windows letting the summer air into my room. Today
was the day I'd finally meet him. I picked up my iPhone from my jet black table and texted my best friend Jasmine to wake up. She would walk me to Caesar's Bay where I would meet up with Taylor, my mystery date from Tinder. I must've read his bio at least a hundred times
80s-90s music and movies
I have a fast car 🏎💨
Sometimes funny🤓
I like to drive around, get unhealthy food and listen to corny music, and if you swipe right I could like you too😉
Jasmine- I'm awake, just have to quickly put on a shirt and shorts and I'll meet you near 68th street like usual.
Rina- I'm checking to see if I have everything.
Jasmine- Hmm keys,wallet, perfume, water, sunglasses. Carl didn't text you yet right?
Rina- No but you think he knows I'm going out with Taylor?
Jasmine- I would assume so girl he's one of his best friends. But look it's fair game one asked you out first.
Rina- true! I'm just nervous :(
Jasmine- Don't worry I'll be with you to make sure he's not a creep and I'll follow you guys around for a bit.
Jasmine- I even brought my hookah pen to smoke it out before he comes
Rina- LOL I got mine too, see you soon.
    You see 68th street, as Jasmine and I called  the "headquarters of the freaks". Over the years Jasmine and I have seen some bizarre and even grotesque things. However,if we ever told anyone else they wouldn't believe us. One time on Halloween right after my 16th birthday in September Jasmine and I went out to Starbucks and experienced a first hand robbery happen. A guy in his mid 20s grabbed a woman's iPad and ran off with it. After seeing that me and her were petrified and decided to go home but the night was still young. We were chased by this postal truck and hid behind a van near a dead end street. Prying into the van I spotted what looked like cages and ripped clothes. That's only the beginning to another story.
   As I walked down the blocks to 68th street a group of young teens whistled across the street, looking over to my left side I spotted a mannequin head in the window.
Rina- I see a mannequin head in the window
Jasmine- of course I ain't surprised I got an old man following me.
Rina- We should write a book one day LOL
Jasmine- definitely but people would think we're high. I think I see you btw
  Running up to hug Jasmine we both broke out into laughter when we realized we were wearing the same color scheme for our outfits. I was wearing a white fringe seamless tank top paired with light denim and a beige cardigan while Jasmine wore a white tank top and jean shorts of similar shade. Jasmine's long thick brunette hair was pulled back and her sunglasses kept her bangs from falling on her face. She had her peach flavored hookah pen in one hand ready to blow puffs. "You tried to curl your hair?" she said while running her fingers through my semi curled blonde hair. "I tried but it's it didn't work out the way I wanted to" I laughed pulling my hair to the back to keep it from touching the slight sweat forming on my neck. My phone buzzed with texts as I looked up to meet Jasmine's hazel eyes. "Oh my god Carl texted me!" I softly whispered.
Carl- Good morning gorgeous 😉
Rina-Heyy haha what's up?
Carl- just chilling with my friend, what are u up to?
Jasmine glared at me,"ignore him and focus on the date with Taylor, I think he knows and is trying to make your day turn for the worse you know how Carl is." I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. Carl was the definition of a Hollister model. He had these alluring sea blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He was 5"10 and in very good shape but like everyone else he had his baggage. His nights revolved around cars and parties and it was hard to keep a conversation with him. Taylor was similar in appearance, he had blue-green eyes that you just couldn't tell what he was thinking. His hair was a slightly darker shade of blonde and the convos  I had with him actually went somewhere.
    Jasmine fanned herself as we kept walking. We passed our grey metallic bus bench where we often sat to eat banana sundaes as guys honked at us. We enjoyed the little things that made us smile. Being single for quite some time, I craved a relationship, the love you see in movies, an unconditional love that would make me feel things I've never felt before. A date was like a stepping stone. Having tinder for over 3 months made me feel like I was on the Bachelorette swiping left and right on different guys. My phone buzzed again and this time it was Taylor. "Oh my god girl he's almost here." I said in a slightly excited state. I was nervous of course because I'd have never gone out on a date like this. I went forward and Jasmine followed me a few steps behind.
    I glazed over the gleaming waters and spotted the lighthouse from Ocean Gate where my ex boyfriend lived. It was nearly
a year since me and him broke and some days I wonder how life worked out for him. Taylor's text message interrupted my thoughts. I quickly texted Jasmine saying he was here and made my way into the parking lot spotting his black trans am on the corner. Here I go, just breathe. Jasmine's right behind me I can do this. Little did I know this was the beginning to a whole new chapter in my life.