"Meetings"

Math class just ended. Everyone seemed to have fallen asleep.

"Hey, Reig!" Someone bounced in. "Ms. Marie is calling you!"

It was Eli. My best friend when I was on fifth grade. He always wears his "okay" jacket. He has those dark with white skin just like a dalmatian who went to go tan. He loves dancing and he plays guitar. Can you imagine him now? I wish you do.

"What is it?" I asked

"Don't know. Just come." Eli told me lazily.

As I went to the teacher's lounge, two teachers were waiting for me. Our math teacher, Sir Jayson, he is meant for his job. He always wears that same old blue polo shirt. He always talks with a high pitch when everyone knows he has a deep one. So, where were we? Oh yeah, Ms. Marie, you know her for sure. She is our homeroom teacher. Both of them were staring at me like I am a meal.

"So, what do you need me to do ma'am." I asked with hesitation.

"I want YOU... to pick. To pick what your heart desires. Commission of Elections or... Running as executive president." Ms. Marie pulled out a record book and a strange looking form. We had eye contact.

"I am sorry ma'am," I giggled. "I don't think I heard you right. Executive president? Impossible."

"Possible," Sir Jayson denied. "According to your report card, your grades are higher than it was supposed to be since elementary.

"Wow. This is hard. I think..... I need more time." I replied. I tucked my hand into a pocket and walked away in denial.

"No," Sir stopped me as I walked through the door. "Now. You pick NOW."

"Fine." I stomped "More details please."

"Joining the Commission, it would deal you plus five to your grade. Running for president, it would deal zero points except when you win." Ms. Marie surprised me. "You will have ten points. It is now or never. Deal with it"

"So, I have to pick now?" I took it seriously.

"Wait, who are running for president anyway?"

"Look over there." They pointed to the top-right corner of the crimson wall behind me.

I turned, and stared at the writings.

Plus Party President: Jenna Thorne

Epic Party President: Mariel Fernandez

I stopped and think.

"Jenna? I forgot her for awhile. I never noticed her in our class. She's probably in another section."

Jenna is a good friend of mine with an interest on arts, music and reasoning. She calls herself an "otaku". It means to her is an anime lover. Yup. She is an anime lover. She got me influenced by her "otakuness" for two years. And the worst part is, she made me have a crush on her. Well... She makes every boy like her. It's nothing.

Oh well, back to the topic. So.. yeah, I had to choose. I turned to them with a frown and still with no answer. I thought, but still no answer. God please help me. I closed my eyes as I thought about the consequences of each choice. As my mind got boggled up, I began to speak carelessly.

"I'll go run president."

I don't know how I got into this. The last thing I remembered was sleeping in math class, then it comes to here. But what could possibly go wrong? It's just running with a party-list as president.

The next day, I met the other runners on other party lists. Sir Jayson introduced them to me.

"Reigel, this is Mariel. Epic President."

"We've met." Mariel spoke lowly as I shook her hand.

"And this is Jenna. Plus President." Sir tried to intend one thing.

"Hi Reig! Remember me?" Jenna shook my hand with a grin.

"What's your party-list name?" Mariel asked me.

I smiled with confidence. "I think, I have that covered."

For a second, silence was on the air.

"So, should we start our conference?" Sir killed the awkwardness.

"CONFERENCE?!" We runners shouted.

"Yes. Conference. Didn't I tell you? Oh, I didn't. Well, let's start!"

"Running for SEC president isn't easy. You have to pick for the right people, the right choices, and the left hours." He laughed all by himself.

"See what I did there? Cause you have to pick the right and the left and...." No one seemed to have loved his joke.

"Okay, back to our topic. You have to be tough entering this kind of challenge. Everyone must like you and your platforms for the school. Your job, assign your party members. You will have to choose right. They must have no violations according to the Guidance, no failing grades, at least 85.9. May God bless your party. Now back to your classes."

"That's it? No more 'us speaking in front'?" Mariel held herself.

"That would be on our next meeting Ms. Fernandez."

We went out of the conference room, as ached as ever. As soon as we went to class, we started assigning positions. Until the next meeting came.