Not everything is as it seems

Being a human sucks. It just flat out sucks. You have so many responsibilities and duties but there is always someone telling you you're doing it wrong, you're too young, you're too old to act that way. There's no escaping it. But what's worse then being a human and just trying to live? Is being a human who really isn't human.

I'm 167 years old as of two weeks ago, but in everyone else's eyes I'm just this 22 year old punk kid who doesn't know what he's doing with his life. You'd think that after 167 years on earth I would have figured it out; how to be human and all. But it's quite hard to be human when you really aren't. I'm lucky enough that I'm not alone, as I was almost born into this life. I have two brothers, Emerson and Sebastian. We are only a few years apart and I love them dearly. I guess they are the only thing I have keeping me sane.

When I was 22 years old I met my father for the first time in my life. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, very happy and healthy. There was one thing that was odd about him, he seemed to young. As my mother was approaching her 50's wrinkles began to form in her face. Don't get me wrong she was a beautiful woman, but you could tell she was growing older. My father hadn't formed wrinkles, he hadn't looked much different from the pictures my mother had of him. He didn't look much older than Sebastian in all honesty.

As I got to know my father more I started to notice how different he was from most humans. He was rarely out during the day, he didn't eat much around people, and he had very few people in his life. As we spent more time together I noticed that the happy healthy man I met a few weeks prior wasn't so happy. He had told me he lost the love of his life, a tragic accident. But he never explained it fully to me.

I grew sceptical of him as we spent more and more time together. One day he left us while we went out for dinner, he practically sprinted out of the restaurant. Emerson and Sebastian were starting to form theories on him. So being the curious kids we are, we followed him. He ran and ran and ran, I didn't think a 50 years old man would run so fast for so long. But he did. He turned into a forest and kept running. Sebastian wanted to turn back, seeing as this didn't seem very safe. But emerson and I insisted we keep following. We found him in the forest crouched down, back facing us in front of what looked like a dead stag. He heard me step on a stick causing a loud crack to echo through the forest. It caught his attention and he slowly looked back at us. I will never forget his face. The face of my father, cover in blood, eyes glowing red, grey veins popping out of his neck, arms and face. But the one thing that stuck in my head the most, were the fangs.

[hi all :) so for those of you the read my fic earlier you know that I was writing a different fic about Remington. I didn't really like how it was going to I decided to start over. Sorry if some of you were liking it :/ well anyway I hope you enjoyed this teaser chapter. It was fun to write. Stay tuned for more, bye lovelys Xx]