Chapter Four

Draco sighed dramatically.

"Repeat that again, Granger." He said after a long silence that enveloped between them.

"You are now under the protection of the order given that you agree to the rules and prohibitions given to you. First, you must avoid getting into fights with people here. Second, you're not allowed to know important information about the order nor attend meetings since they still don't fully trust you, and-"

"Yes, yes. I know. You are to follow me in everywhere I go and know whoever I talk to. In short, you'll be like my shadow." He finished for her.

Hermione smiled. "I think you already understand. That's good to hear."

Draco shook his head. "Really? No punishments for me? You are not going to torture me because of what I did?"

"Malfoy, people forgive. I know you have done a lot of terrible things but it's time to move on." Hermione gave him a reassuring smile.

"A lot of terrible things? Hell, Granger, I-I killed their families! Isn't that enough to kill me too?"

Hermione's smiled disappeared.

"Why do you despise being alive? Some people are not even lucky enough to live longer!" She exclaimed then walked out the door.

Draco wasn't even sure why he acted that way. He wanted to be alive of course. However, he killed the families of the persons trying to help him; it adds up to his conscience.

"She already walked out twice a day just for you, Malfoy."

Harry Potter entered the room greeting Draco with that.

"What do you want, Potter?" He sneered at him.

"Hermione's not stupid of course but why does she keep fighting for you even if you don't even want to fight for yourself? So I'll assume it's a different reason entirely."

Draco's eyebrows shot up. "Fighting for me? Oh, you mean, Fighting with me?"

Harry chuckled.

"Fighting for you, Malfoy. She convinced the order to not torture you nor kill you. Do you think it was easy for her? She lost a lot but she's determine to kill the dark lord and I can see that she's willing to go on lengths just to do that."

He was making him guilty, and sadly, it is working.

"I don't blame the order. It is kind of difficult to forgive someone who killed your love ones."

Draco whispered and Harry nodded in approval. But it wasn't entirely about him and the order. Instead, it was about him and his family, how the dark lord killed them one by one.

He suddenly remembered the grey eyes of the woman he encountered just a day before. It seemed like ages ago but he could still remember how they were so much alike.

No.

It was silly of him to actually think that she is his mother. Narcissa was-is his mother, there was no question about that.

"She lost someone she loves so much, you know."

Harry's voice brought him back to reality.

"Ronald Weasley?" He asked and Harry nodded.

"Well, I'll leave you to your thoughts then, Malfoy." Harry said and walked outside.

"Hey, Potter." Draco called out before he closed the door.

"I don't care." He paused for a moment. "I don't care because she isn't the only one."

***

Author's Note

First of all, I'm so so sorry for updating super late. I finished my exams last Friday but I wasn't able to update because I am sick. Really sick so I wasn't able to write anything. I will publish the next chapter as soon as I can. 

Next chapter will be Draco's first mission with the order. Can the order survive the mission? Or can Draco survive the Order? Can you guess what is the first mission? Comment down. ;)