5/17/16

This is my first diary entry. I guess I should tell you about myself first. My name is Heather, and I'm four weeks old. I live in an animal shelter with a bunch of other cats. Another kitten named Apricot lives in my room with me. Apricot has pretty light orange and white fur, and green eyes. She's my bestest friend ever! I have brown and orange and white fur. Apricot thinks I'm pretty.

Today, a human girl and her parents visited us. The girl adopted a white kitten named Snowball. Snowball was mean to me and Apricot when the humans who work at the shelter let us all out to play one time. I'm happy she got adopted though, because she has a family to love on her. I really hope that whoever adopts me and Apricot keeps us together. I would really miss her if we got adopted by different people.

Apricot found a bug that got into our room today. It was small and black and had six legs. It looked really weird. It tried to go near our food, so she killed it. She let me see it before she ate it. I don't think it tasted very good, because she kept sneezing afterwards.

The humans who take care of us didn't let us out today. I don't know why. I got a little bored of just playing with Apricot, so I took a nap. My food tasted different today. There was some weird white powder in it, and the humans made sure Apricot didn't eat any. I told her that maybe it was just special for me. She said that I was probably right.

Bye for now!

Heather  🐾

A/N: Remember (unless you are buying from a private breeder who doesn't sell to pet stores) adopt, don't shop!