5/20/16

The humans all must be doing something today. The only humans who came and visited us were an old woman and the sad girl. The old woman adopted Hugo, the oldest cat in this shelter. Hugo used to tell us stories about his old owners who abandoned him. I'm happy that he's been adopted by someone who's going to love him.

The sad girl got me and Apricot out again. She had her big book with her again, and she told me her name today. Well, not exactly. The old woman asked what her name was and she said it was Elizabeth. But I heard her, and I know what her name is now. Elizabeth was here for the whole day again. I think she wants to adopt me and Apricot. I hope she does. She's really nice to us.

A whole bunch of cats were brought in today, and I don't know where they're going to put all of them. Apricot and I got a new cat in our room. Her name is Winter, and she's all white with green eyes. I think she's the same age as me and Apricot. When she came in, she was really dirty and looked sick. I felt sorry for her. Apricot told her our names, and she said she used to live in something called a "kitten mill", which was a place where her mother and some other female cats were forced to make a bunch of kittens. I didn't know humans could be that mean.

I wonder if I came from a kitten mill. I opened my eyes here, and the humans took care of me for as long as I can remember. I never knew my mother. My whole life has been in this animal shelter. At least they take care of me. From Winter's description of the kitten mill, it's more than the people there did.

Heather 🐾