Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

The day was a normal one, though I'd forgotten the lesson schedule. I hadn't been to school on a Wednesday for so long, though I knew all I'd learnt from them through my impersonator. I was pleased to find Clem and Shakira at the gates for me that morning; I hadn't seen them for two weeks.

The lessons carried on and at lunch we hung around in Miss Goulder's classroom. Shakira had to go to the dentists' tomorrow, 10:45 she left school and 12:45 she'd be back. Clem had won a trophy for music and drama. Pheobe had a trophy for French. She recently had started to look down on people. She was Madame Ront's teacher's pet and can be a bit snobish about it sometimes. She always plays it to her advantage.

Today, she was bullying a new pupil in our year, Katie Andrews. Katie was trying to fight back but everyone knew that it was hopeless. Phoebe always got her way, no matter what. But for some reason, today was different. I walked right up to her and half yelled, "Leave. Her. Alone."

Pheobe looked up at me. I'm taller than her so it was hard for her to be intimidating, "Pardon?"

I repeated slowly but calmly, "I said, leave. Her. Alone. Brain can't register that?"

By now the whole company was staring at me and Pheobe. I was painfully aware of Shakira and Clem's eyes on me.

"I heard you loud and clear." Pheobe says with a hint of boredom, "Now move."

I stare at her and she stares right back. Then I hear it. A whisper. So soft it could float on the wind for years. The words weren't audible so I couldn't tell you a language, but there was something about it, almost calming.

Pheobe looks at me strangely, even tilting her head slightly.

"Sorry..." She mutters quickly before heading out of the classroom and outside, probably to her next class.

I look around. Everyone has gone back to their business as if nothing had ever happened. That's when I notice him outside of the window, smiling like he'd won the lottery. I turn away, still puzzling over what just happened.

Was it me who caused that, him, or both?

What could be making him smile that much?

And what on earth is happening to me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Another REALLY short chapter, I know... This is just to say, I won't post the next chapter until I have at least 5 reads and 2 comments :) please recommend this to your friends and thanks for reading this far.

Remember to vote, comment and recommend! The first comment gets a shoutout!