Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I ran out of school. I wasn't ready to confront him just yet. What would I say anyway? I couldn't storm up to him like I did before, that didn't seem like a good idea this time.

I raced home. I had almost made it to the front door when I heard a noise behind me.

"Go away." I said calmly, assuming it was the man.

"Oh no sweetie, I don't think I'm quite ready to do that yet, not until you've heard my offer, at least." The voice of a pleasant sounding woman spoke behind me, "And I think you'll find it very tempting!"

I turned, "What do you want?" I asked her coldly. I know, I know... You're probably thinking that I was always that rude, speaking to the man and this new woman like that. I was startled and anxious right then.

The woman had blue eyes, silky brown hair brushed into a neat bun, and black glasses. They had a spiral pattern on them, with an eye in the centre. She wore a formal shirt and blazer, with a short skirt and dark blue heels. The natural business woman.

"What do I want? Hmm...let's see..." She turned to a clipboard she had in her hand, but you could tell she knew what she wanted by heart: the clipboard was just for show, "I want you to come with me to start off with. I can provide better, and more in-depth training of your...skills."

She paused, just as the man had done in his first proper conversation with me, to hear if I was going to say something. But, unlike then, I did.

"What if I don't want your training? What if I just want to go home and have a quiet life with dad? What if I never wanted this? What if I simply refused to do nothing else?" I half-yelled at her. As I said before, I was pretty stressed out and wished that nothing had happened at all.

"I'm afraid, Miss. Everchase, that isn't possible. Your powers have, regrettably for you, already been activated. Please come with me and I shall help you with them." She said everything as if she had already written the script for the whole conversation and she knew how I would respond to everything she said. She was very formal, and it bugged me for some reason. She even used my last name, which no one does, formal or not. Don't ask me why but it had always been the case.

She looked at me expectantly, but I'd already decided that this was when I closed my mouth. She sighed, "If you decline my offer, I'll just have to take you by force." She looked at her watch, then flipped open the top and pressed a button. I find that a classic way to call for help: the button-in-the-watch method, "I'm terribly sorry about this."

Two figures stepped into view. They looked like two burly men. Then, they dropped down on all fours.

Tigers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mwuhahahaha! Cliff hanger! Thanks to ScienceGeek8538 for being first to comment and for being a great friend! See you next time!

Remember to recommend, vote and comment!

PS not updating till at lease 10 votes, so if you like it, vote please!