Chapter one || Fight The Urge To Strike A Match

A/N
The outfits are above, Left to Right, Veronica, Martha and JD. JDs was obvious though

~Veronica POV~

I open the café, while Martha cleaned up more. We got our first customer. He grinned at me and winked. "Hello, what may I help you with today?" I ask, while he stares at my breast area. I clear my throat "My eyes are up here, pervert" I snort and he smiles. "I'll take chocolate oatmeal with a black coffee." He grins again and I can't help myself but stare. I have to admit, he is kind of cute. She shook it off. "The names Kaito Su." I nodded. I walked off then, "I didn't catch your name." "I didn't throw it." He grinned and laughed. Oh my god, I just used the pick up line that made me melt! I feel so rebellious now. I took the order to the front desk. He called after me, "Hey, sit down with me?" I awkwardly laughed "I have work." He raised an eyebrow, "it's empty." I stuttered then gave up and sat down across from him. "So, where you from, Kaito?" He grinned goofily. "London." I nodded. We talked till Duke came in with Jason. I groaned and stood up. "You're going to miss me that much?" Kaito said, laughing. "That, and those-" she pointed at the couple "are megabitches." He laughed and nodded. "You know them?" He asked. "High school 'friends'. My ex, and my bitchy friend who used to be precious." I explained and he nodded. I walked behind the counter and plastered a fake smile. "Hi. What's your order?" Heather scoffed "Where's Martha? We are here to invite her to a movie." I laughed "Not going to happen," I wiggled my finger. "Work." I said, "You don't have it because you're a fucking rich snob!" I snapped and screamed, then calmed down, taking down my hair to fix it back up. "Oh hi guys!" I heard Martha say. She was wearing a gray jacket over a gray sweater, with a gray skirt. And of course, gray tights and gray pants. "Martha?" I asked. "I'm going out with them, Veronica." She spat angrily. I backed away, hurt. "Is that fine? Or will I gain too much?" I shook my head. "Go. I can handle OUR café by MYSELF." I spat back at her, emphasizing our and myself. She rolled her eyes and walked out with Duke. Jason stood there. "What?" I said, holding back tears. "You got a new boyfriend?" "What's it to you? You went on dating my best friend. I don't have to tell you anything." He sighed and walked out. I wrote something down and turned the close sign. "Fuck them." I muttered over and over, noticing Kaito was still there. "Douchebags, I see?" I nodded and sat by him. "How about we go to a movie?" He asked. I nodded, sounding relieved of not staying here. He got into his car, and starts it. I get in the passenger seat. "Nice car." He laughed and nodded "I know." I rolled my eyes at his cockiness and felt good in the warmth of the car. Something was missing, though. They drove to the movies, deciding on a cheesy RomCom, and sat in the back. (Kinks ;)) jk they won't do smut)We watched and I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder. I could hear his breath hitching and I leaned up. "Sorry." I whispered. "It's fine, I didn't mind." He whispered as I looked into his eyes. He leaned in and I kissed him. He kissed back, holding me close. I smiled into the kiss. Then we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

"Fancy seeing you here."