Chapter Four || Who Needs Cocaine?

~Veronica POV~

I bit my lip, drawing some blood. I made a list of the pros and cons of Kaito and Jason's kiss. Kaito didn't make me feel the way Jason did, and his kisses were forceful and cold. Jason, on the other hand, made me feel amazing, and his kissed were soft and warm. I shook my head. I couldn't have Jason even if I want to. He's dating my best friend. Sorta. She doesn't like me. Martha barged in. "Hey, they're coming to the movies with us!" She grinned proudly. I nodded slowly. These idiots are taking over my life. I sighed and played with the photo on my dresser. It was from high school, with me and Jason kissing. "You still like him?" She asked, sitting by me. I nodded slightly. "He kissed me." She sighed and Martha widened her eyes. "Today?" I nodded. She cursed and I nudged her. "Hey, no cursing." I teased and she stuck her tongue out at me. I sighed again and thought about Kaito. "He's still unconscious. Should we call the hospital and check him in?" Martha shook her head. "It's only been an hour." "Yeah, but I'm worried." Martha put an arm around my shoulder. Kaito moved, and I jumped up, moving to his side. He immediately tightened his grip on my hand and I flinched. "You kissed him back." He let out a cough and chuckle. "I knew you weren't over him." He sat up and rubbed his head. "You saw?" I said, not facing him. He cupped my chin and nodded. "You don't kiss back as passionately when I kiss you." I blush out of embarrassment. "You pressured me into sex. Well you tried." He sighs. "Yeah, sorry." I nodded and kissed him, then walked out to answer the door. I was pulling up my hair and I smiled at the two. "Hi, MARTHAA!!" I screamed at her. She ran up and smiled. "Ready to go?" She asked me and Duke and Jason. We nodded. We went into Dukes Porsche, wannabe, and started driving. I sat in the back, by Jason. Martha and Duke were going to get some candy to sneak in. He cleared his throat and I looked out the window. "About the kiss, earlier.." he coughed and I looked at him. "You kissed me." I stated and rubbed my eyes. I was getting teary. "Don't cry, Ronnie." He soothed. "Shut up. You made me kill my best friend and two idiots. By lying to me. And I still love you-" I covered my mouth, getting out of the car. I ran back to the direction of my house, but then I saw Kaitos car. I looked at him pass. As soon as I knew it I'm chasing his car, tripping and falling. I gave up and sobbed, kneeled on the ground. I laid there till I slept.

~Timeskip~

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. But it had a familiar smell. I couldn't quite place it. I was wrapped up in a jacket and I heard something downstairs. Being the curious girl I am, I went to see. It was Jason. He was reading a book and looked up. He smiled softly and got up. "I didn't think you'd get up after that night. You fell asleep on the road and when I put you in my car, Heather threw a fit and you woke up." He chuckled. "Where.. is she?" I asked, yawning. "She broke up with me for helping you. She said you had your own boyfriend." He laughed softly. "Saving you was worth it though." He chuckled and kissed my head. I blushed furiously and rubbed my eyes.
Checking if it was real.

It was. That's good.

A/N
AHHH THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER