Chapter Five || I Think That's What They Call Third Base?

~Veronica POV~

It's been a while since that incident, and I still refuse to kiss Kaito. He tries but I just can't. I remember the pain I was in and the time I woke up. I should thank him for that. Hah. It was weird. Heather and JD came to my door again, and I answered. "Ah! Why if it isn't Hoe #1 and Jesse James." She said, in a tone of Chandlers. She snorted "I'm sorry." She said in between laughs. They came in. "Oh yeah, come in." I said sarcastically. "Martha is at the café, she doesn't want me to work. I'm fine though. She's too cautious." I rambled. "Actually, we are here to hang out with you." Heather said. I gasped dramatically. "And why do I, Veronica Sawyer, get this pleasure?" I giggled. "Fine, we'll leave." She scolded. I shook my head. "Sorry. I'm in a jokey mood today, croquet?" I asked, tying up my hair. Martha asks me why I keep the scrunchie, but I feel like it's apart of me. I missed Heather so much(Not ChanSaw I'm sorry). She smiled and kissed JD. "I see you two are together. Again." I snarled and pretended to puke. "Oh you bitch." Heather laughed and walked out with me. I took Blue, Heather took Green, and JD took Yellow. I wouldn't let them touch Red. It was too special.
Heather ended up losing and JD won. I made sandwiches for them and she got lemonade for all of them. Heather said she was going to pick up coffee. JD offered to come but she said she wanted us to get to know each other. Those thirty minutes were awkward. Here is the conversation. "Hello, JD." "Hey Ronnie." "Er- How's your dad?" Silence. "Good I guess. How's your parents." "G-good." Silence. "I'm Back!~" sung a familiar voice. "Oh thank god!" I yelled, then covered my mouth, blushing. "Offended." JD said, hurtfully. I patted his head playfully. He rolled his eyes as he took a slushee. I took mine and drank it slowly. JD finished in like five fucking seconds. "How are you not fat?" Heather asks him. He cleared his throat. "Murdering." I muttered. Heather turned, oblivious. "Huh?" She asked. "Nothing." I said. She shrugged it off and put a head on JDs shoulder. I hid my jealousy. It pained me to see another woman on him, but we had to move on sometime. Especially if he faked his own death. I huffed and threw away my slushee, not finished. I felt like it was a curse of a remembrance that I can't have him. I yawn and rub my eyes. "It's getting late. Maybe you should go home." I said sharply. JD knew what I was doing, but Duke didn't. She looked hurt sort of. "Okay.." she whispered lightly before the foo slammed open. "VERONICCAAA!" A shrill voice screeched. I jumped up out of my seat and squeezed the yellow fluff. She hugged me back, giggling. "Hi! I finally graduated!" She said, proudly. She had decided to go to Princeton, and actually got in. McNamara looked over at Heather and grinned. Then she saw JD. ".." she paused and searched for my hand behind her. "Your dead boyfriend is hERE!" She shrilled. I called her down. "Did you get your wish?!" She asked, stars in her eyes. "What wish?" JD smiled grimly. "Heather! Please don't tell hi-" "When you attempted to kill yourself, she started sobbing in her bedroom of how much she missed you. And playing something that's called SC?(Strip Croquet) I haven't figured out what it stands for. Anyways, she also said how she misses your comforting words, and your kisses and-" I quickly slapped my hand over her mouth. "Ookay, that's enough!" I squeaked. Heather chuckled and rolled her eyes, looking at McNamara licking my hand. "Ew!" Duke laughed. "Oh-" she said, out of breath from laughing, "Veronica, can we talk?" She asked, getting more serious. I nervously nodded. She yanked my arm and sat me down on my bed. "How long was it when you said, no, thought that?!" She scowled, bipolarness i had never seen in her took over. I looked down. "I think it every day." She turned back into her bitchy self. "HE'S MINE, YOU GET THAT? M-I-N-E. MINE." She spat out. "You don't love him as much as I do." I got up, tears streaming down my face. "Get out of my house." I grabbed her arm and threw her out with her boytoy. Heather looked at me and I ran and sobbed into her shoulders. She cooed me and when I calmed, I showed her where she could stay. When Martha came home, she was pumped to see Heather. I had brightened up by then. I made dinner and happily talked with Heather. "So, any boys?" Martha leaned in, like an eleven year old at a sleepover. Her eyes widened with food in her mouth. "I almosh forgot!" She said with a mouth full of food. "I got proposed to!" She grinned. "Oh? That's amazing!" I said happily. "His name is George Smith!" She giggled. "That sounds like a normal guys name. Did you get engaged to a normal guy? We have rules on that." She shook her head. "He's an amazing guy! He actually is a soldier." She grinned. "Wouldn't he have been away for a long time?" "He was a soldier, now he's going to be a crime investigator!" She said happily. "Are you going to come home and find that your husband did it?" I joked. She pushed me playfully. "I missed the Ronnie jokes." She grinned. I grinned back and started cleaning up. "How about you? Any boys in your life" she asked both of us. Martha shook her head and I nodded. "Sorta. I guess we are in a fight? I dunno." I shrugged and rubbed my eyes. "He's at his place." I state and go upstairs. "I'm sleeping!"