Chapter 3: Delilah: The new girl from America

By the time Whitey helped Spike off the submarine with the bouquet of flowers and the box of cupcakes, Roddy and Rita ran up to them to get ready to fight them. "Oh, great. Here we got Rita and Millicent here to ruin my day to visit my neighbor." Spike groaned when he saw them, coming.

"It's been like five years since we last saw them. I wonder why we haven't seen them lately." Whitey said, putting a hand on his chin.

"I don't know. They must've been hiding from us for something, but hey, here they come right now." Spike said, as Roddy and Rita stopped right in front of them, clutching their fists to get ready to fight them.

"Alright, you two doofbags, what evil thing are you doing for The Toad this time?" Rita asked.

"Yeah." Roddy said.

"Calm down, you two, we're not doing anything bad today." Spike said, all annoyed, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, right." Rita said.

"No, really, we're not doing anything mean today right now." Whitey said, putting his hands up for defense.

"Then what's in the box? Dynamite? Bombs?" Roddy replied.

"You guys really wanna know what we actually have? Then see for yourself." Spike said, handing his box over to Roddy and Rita as they peeked inside it. They both had a confused look when they saw there were just cupcakes.

"Cupcakes? Is this all you have?" Rita asked, holding one of the cupcakes before she put it back in the box.

"With a bouquet of flowers, too, yes." Whitey said, holding up the white and yellow roses.

"This isn't a joke, is it?" Roddy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Seriously, guys, for the last time, we are not doing anything bad for The Toad today! We're not hunting you down, we're visiting a new neighbor of mine name Delilah." Spike said.

"Wait. Isn't she the new girl who came all the way here from America from Manhattan, New York?" Rita asked.

"Yep. She's the one." Spike answered.

"We met her before a few days ago. She's very nice and she and I became fast friends ever since." Rita said.

"You'll love her. Believe me." Roddy said, smiling as Rita nodded. Then she looked serious, again.

"Just don't blow my friendship between me and her! Understand?" Rita said.

"Okay, sheesh. I'll try not to ruin you, girls' friendship." Spike said.

"Good! We'll be going now. See ya." Rita said, as she and Roddy walked away.

"Geez, haven't seen them for five years and they think we're doing something bad for The Toad every time we come into town." Spike said.

"Well, we are known to be one of the villains of Ratropolis." Whitey said.

"Oh, joy! Come on, let's get to Delilah's house before I forget or else my own mother is gonna make me watch Penny, again."

"Alright." Whitey said, as he and Spike walked around town until they came to a brick house.

"Alright. Let's get this over with." Spike groaned, as he rang the doorbell.

"Who is it?" A voice asked. It sounded more like a female's sweet American accent.

"It's your new neighbor and his best friend and partner here. We got a surprise for you." Spike answered, flatly.

"Just a minute. I'll be right there." The voice said. So Spike and Whitey waited until they heard footsteps coming closer to the door as it opened.

There, Spike and Whitey saw a beautiful girl with long brunette hair that was all wavy and it was down to her shoulders. She was wearing a United Kingdom bandana and her shirt was all bright red, including her sneakers while her pants were hazel brown. Her eyes were bright sky blue and her smile was like seeing a splash of sunshine. "Hi, there." She said.

"Hi, welcome to the neighborhood. We bought you a bouquet of roses: yellow and white and a box of cupcakes." Spike said, handing the items to the girl.

"Oh, thank you. Cupcakes are my favorite treat. I'm Delilah." She said, taking the items from her neighbor.

"I'm your neighbor, Spike, and this is my partner, Whitey." Spike said.

"Nice to meet you, Spike, and hi, Whitey." Delilah said, shaking hands with Spike as she looked at Whitey.

Whitey's eyes were wide open by the time he first saw her as he gazed at her. In his mind, he was picturing himself and Delilah together like they were meant for each other. He was suddenly seeing sparks fly, feeling butterflies, flying in his stomach and his heart was beating out of his chest, as he started smiling, all goofy looking like he was about to drool. "Hello?" Delilah asked.

"Hello? Earth to Whitey!" Spike said, waving his hand in front of his face to get his attention. Whitey, suddenly, got out of his daydream as he looked at Delilah.

"Oh, uh, hi, I'm Whitey." He said, blushing, as he shook her hand. Delilah giggled a little. Spike just rolled his eyes, all annoyed while crossing his arms.

"Alright. Now I've met you, new neighbor. Can I go home now?" He replied.

"Oh, okay, it was nice meeting you, guys." Delilah said.

"Yeah, nice meeting you, too. Come on, Whitey." Spike said, walking away.

"Just hang on, Spike, okay?" Whitey said, holding out a hand for patience. Spike was already losing his patience, but had to agree with him for a little while. "Hey, Delilah, would you like to come visit us at the Floodgates on our submarine probably tomorrow? If that's okay with you if you're not too busy unpacking."

"Oh, I've been unpacking since I got here a couple days ago, but sure. I would love to come visit you and your friends tomorrow." Delilah said.

"Great! Here's our address and the picture of our submarine." Whitey said, giving her a piece of paper of the Floodgates address and the picture of his submarine.

"Thank you. Can I call you, too?" She asked.

"Sure. Here's my number." Whitey said, giving Delilah his phone number.

"Thank you. I kinda have a bad memory sometimes. So here's my number to remind me, okay?" She said, as she gave Whitey her phone number.

"Thanks, you can call me or I'll call you." He said.

"Either way, it sounds good to me. I'll see you tomorrow at five. Bye." Delilah said, waving goodbye smiling as she closed her door while Whitey waved back with a big smile on his face. Then he walked over to Spike.

"Took you long enough. Now let's go." He said, as he and Whitey walked back to the submarine.

When Rachel and Rodney saw them, coming, without letting Thimblenose Ted, Ladykiller, and Fat Barry, notice them, they hid in their engine room, quietly while Spike and Whitey came aboard. "Wow, Spike. Your new neighbor, Delilah. She's...something, isn't she?" Whitey said in a daze.

"Wait, you like Spike's new neighbor, Whitey?" Ladykiller asked.

"Oh, yes, he really likes Delilah. He invited her to come visit us at the Floodgates on our submarine tomorrow." Spike answered.

"She's coming tomorrow?" Fat Barry asked.

"Yep. At around five, I guess." Spike said.

"What does she look like?" Ted asked.

"Oh, she's so beautiful. Like an angel just fell out of Heaven, stole my heart, and melt it into a puddle of love." Whitey said.

"Alright, we get it now, Whitey. The rest of us will see her tomorrow. Now come on, lads, I need to get home. Mum's probably wondering where I'm at right now." Spike said. The henchrats smirked at him and snickered a little, making Spike glare at them. "Very mature, guys. Very mature. Now shut up and take me home!" He shouted.

So the henchrats headed for Spike's house with Whitey, daydreaming about Delilah, again while Rachel and Rodney were in the engine room, wondering how they were ever gonna get back to the Jammy Dodger II before their parents notice them gone.