Chapter 1: Changing the oil

It has been seven years since Roddy and Rita have gotten married and five years since they started having Rachel and Rodney, who are now five and three. They were very happy together with their new lives and they loved being parents to their kids. They wouldn't trade them for anything. Even though they can be a handful sometimes, they still love them very much.

One day, their Jammy Dodger II was suddenly shut down because it needed its oil changed. They were in town when they were changing their oil while Rachel and Rodney were at the wheel of the boat, pretending to race with their slug friends, making boat racing sound effects. Rodney was holding his Teddy Bear at the time. "Now Rachel's in the lead. Can she make it to the finish line before the other racers do?" Rachel said, speaking as the speaker of a boat race. "But wait, Rachel is lucky that she got backup for extra speed as Teddy grabs the wheel in honor to help her!"

Rodney hands his bear to his sister as she puts him in front of the wheel to make the bear drive. "As fast as they go, Rachel and Teddy have made it past the finish line first! They have won the Champion trophy!" Rachel continued.

"Yay, we won! We're the champs! Woohoo!" Rodney shouted, jumping joyfully while clapping his hands. Rachel joined him, jumping joyfully in the air while still holding her little brother's bear. Even the slugs started cheering for them. Roddy and Rita smiled at that time while still working on the engine under the opened hatch. "Congratulations, Miss Rachel St. James and Mr. Teddy Bear, your prize is one big hug." Rodney said, holding out his arms.

Rachel smiled while chuckling as she gave him a big hug. Then they let go as Rachel gave Rodney his bear back. "I think this calls for a celebration! Rodney, Teddy, would you pull that flicker over there for me, please?" She asked.

"Our pleasure, Ray!" Rodney answered, as he hopped over to the front to pull the flicker. Roddy's eyes opened wide as he stood up to warn Rodney.

"Wait, Rodney, no, don't pull that...." He stopped when Rodney pulled the flicker, getting oil all over in his father's face. "...oil flicker." Roddy finished while smirking a frown. Rita looked at her husband and couldn't help, but laugh. Rachel and Rodney started laughing as well along with some of the slugs.

"Oh, Roddy, he's your son alright." Rita chuckled, pulling out a clean white cloth. "Here. Hold still while I clean your face." So Rita got to cleaning up Roddy's face.

"No wonder he's in training." Roddy joked.

"Hey, shut up. He's only three. He'll be a pro before you know it. He really takes after you though. He, too, is a very good listener. Rachel might get the hang of it of being a scavenger some day. There. You're all good now." Rita chuckled, cleaning up the last oil spot off her husband's face.

"Thank you, honey." He said.

"Anytime, babe." Rita said, giving Roddy a big kiss.

Rachel and Rodney looked at their parents, all disgusted as they let out a big "Ewww!"

"Don't look, Teddy. Mummy and daddy are being too PG-13 right now." Rodney said, covering his bear's beady eyes. Roddy and Rita stopped kissing and laughed a little laugh, hearing their kids.

"Well, looks like the oil is fixed and changed." Rita said, after checking the engine as she closed the hatch. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna check downstairs to see if there's any more problems."

"Okay, mum." Rachel said, as Rita went downstairs to the engine room while Roddy walked up over to his kids.

"Sorry, daddy, about the oil spilling on you." Rodney apologized, holding his Teddy Bear tight.

"But I'll have to admit, it was kinda funny." Rachel chuckled, as Rodney nodded while smiling.

"Ah, that's fine. It's not your fault, really. It happens to me a lot sometimes. Your mother thought that was funny, too." Roddy said, smiling while petting Rachel and Rodney's heads, messing up their hair a little, but they didn't mind at all.

"Hey, daddy, do you think mum will teach me how to drive the Dodger Mark 2? I would really like to drive." Rachel asked, fixing her hair back to the way it was. Roddy's smile went away as he looked at his daughter.

"Oh, I don't think so, sweetheart. I'm afraid you're a little too young to drive for now." He said.

"I can do it. Really! Can I please drive?" Rachel asked, again, holding her hands together.

"You won't be able to see the water."

"I'll find a big crate to make me look taller to see the water while steering. Please? I promise I won't run into anyone. Honest." Rachel begged.

"I'm sorry, Rachel. How about you wait until you're a bit older to drive?" Roddy said.

"But I wanna drive now! I can't wait until I'm older! It'll feel like forever." Rachel said, crossing her arms while pouting. Roddy walked over to her as he knelt down next to her. He lifted her chin up so she can see her father.

"Hey, patience, honey. Hey, before you know it, you'll grow up soon and it'll go by fast. You just wait, okay?" Roddy said.

Rachel took a deep breath and sighed. "Okay." She said, with her arms still crossed.