Chapter 2: Escape from the Jammy Dodger II to the submarine

Rita came back upstairs from the engine room. "No problems at all. She's gonna be working, again, in a minute." She said, patting the side of the boat. "How's everyone doing right now?"

"Well, Rita, Rachel says she wants to drive, but I told her no, she's a little too young and has to wait until she's a bit older." Roddy said. Rita's smile went away as well as what Roddy did as she looked at Rachel.

"Rachel, is this true? You wanna drive?" She asked, as Rachel nodded.

"You would trust me, wouldn't you, mum?" She asked.

"I would trust you? I do trust you, sweetie, and I would love to teach you how to drive, but your father's right. You need to wait until you're older." Rita said.

"But why?" Rachel asked, again.

"Honey, you're only five. For us, rats, you have to be ten or older to drive, but to let you know, driving a boat is not only fun, it takes responsibilities like getting gas, changing oil, and learning how to control it. You'll just have to wait until you're ten or older, okay?. It's five years or more from now, okay?"

"Oh, come on!" Rachel groaned, stomping her right foot on the floor of frustration.

"Hey, I know how you feel. When I was your brother's age, I wanted to drive our first Jammy Dodger, but your grandpa kept saying that I was too young to drive and I asked and begged him the same way you just did with your dad. Then he would say I needed to wait until I'm older, and trust me, I felt the same way as you did. Sometimes, I would bring a big crate up to the wheel and stand on it to reach the steering wheel so I can stand on it while steering, which made grandma freak out." Rita started chuckling at the thought of it, along with Rachel, Rodney, and Roddy. Then she continued on with her story with Rachel. "So I waited until I was finally old enough to finally drive. So what your father and I are trying to say is you need to wait until your ten or older to drive or when you're ready, okay? Because if you bring out a crate in front of the steering wheel and stand on it to reach it so you can steer, your dad's probably gonna freak out."

"Okay. I guess you're right. I might freak out dad since he's such a big coward." Rachel said.

"Hey, now!" Roddy said, raising a serious eyebrow while putting his hands on his hips. Rita started laughing as she high-fived her daughter. "Oh, you're gonna high-five her for that?" Roddy asked his wife, pointing at Rachel.

"Hey, you gotta admit, it was pretty funny!" Rita chuckled, holding out her hands in front of her. Rachel nodded while smiling. Roddy marched over to Rita. "Okay, hey, she was the one that came up with it, not me. She was just being silly, okay?" She said.

"I believe you, but I believe someone's getting a little visit from someone." Roddy said, putting on a big grin. He looked at Rachel and started walking, slowly towards her. Rachel's eyes opened wide as she walked backwards slowly to step away from her dad. She had a feeling she knew what was gonna happen to her as she put on a cheesy smile.

"Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Please don't tell me I'm getting a visit from the tickle monster, again!" She said.

"Oh, no, not the tickle monster!" Rita said, acting out her worried look, putting her hands on her cheeks.

"Yes, the tickle monster!" Roddy said, getting closer to his daughter.

"No, please, dad. Anything, but the tickle monster!" Rachel said, tittering while still stepping away from her dad until she bumped into the wall to the back of the boat. She was trapped between the wall and Roddy.

"Uh, oh, I think this is the part where I scoop you up..." Roddy continued, playfully, scooping up Rachel in his arms as she let out her girly giggle. "...and this is where the tickle monster comes and tickles you!" Roddy finished as he started tickling Rachel. Rachel burst out laughing while trying her best to push her father's hand off of her stomach, due to her being ticklish like her mother.