A Destiny Changed

As a war raged on, she was out in the gardens. A beautiful creature I had never encountered before. A mare. A light blue mare with long flowing hair. She was wearing black armour with dark green diamonds on the chest piece and legs. A basket strapped to her side holding berries and picked flowers. A young Pegasus filly at her side. She stood tall and confident. One wing folded, the other out away from her body. Flowers in the grasp of her magic. She was a unicorn with wings. Or maybe a Pegasus with a horn. All I know is that she was an alicorn. Mother had warned me to stay away from them. But she had never seen one herself. I was hiding in the trees, observing, when I finally got courage to go say hi to her. She looked at me and seemed to be confused. The sound of an explosion ruptured the air. And she was gone before I knew what had happened. The next day I was in the same field. Standing where she had been when a unicorn in armour hunted me down. "Where can I find that horse that was here yesterday?" I had asked, hoping for an answer on her whereabouts. "My queen will not have her location revealed to a draconian." She said furious. I guess she got the whole mortal enemies memo. I asked once more and she snapped, cutting into my neck, just missing my heart. And that's when she arrived. The blue mare who was in the field before. Her soldier backed down and the mare stepped forward. "Who are you and what purpose are you here?" I tried to respond, but I couldn't. I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. A deafening shriek cut through the air like knives as Sheila cut through the field and lunged at the blue horse. But she had quite a shock to what was next. A unicorn that looked like the mare dashed over the hill and jumped of the cliffs edge, hitting Sheila before she hit the queen. The other dracon retreated as I lay, dying on the meadow floor. A brewer dragon healed my injury and brought me to the castle of the 5 kingdoms. And from that moment on, I knew that everything would be different.