Chapter 15: names

Foxpaw darted out of the den. He walked over and sat next to Dewpaw. The sun was almost down and the clan was gathered by the rock pile. Reedstar jumped onto the large rock on the center of the camp. They sat by the entrance of the camp. It had been almost three moons since HoneyPaw got injured and ahe now only had some scars to show that it happened. Stripepaw, snowpaw, and Fernpaw were made warriors a few days after it. Stripepaw was made stripepelt, snowpaw snowpetal, and Fernpaw fernheart. Now three moons later Foxpaw, dewpaw, and honey paw were finnaly going to earn their warrior names. FlameFeather sat close to the front. She turned around and with a sweep of her tail the two apprentices started walking forward. They came to the rock pile and stood next to the towering rock. ReedStar signaled for Dewpaw to step forward. 

She walk a few steps coming to a stop right in front of ReedStar. Her eyes gleamed as he spoke "may starclan look down on this apprentice as I give her, her warrior name" he looked at mintfur "has she learned the way of a warrior and the code?" He asked. "Of course" mintfur replied with a nod. "Then, from this moment on you shall be known as DewLeaf" she licked his shoulder "May Starclan light your path!" She turned around and StripePelt started to chant her name "Dewleaf! Dewleaf!" The rest of the clan joined in "DEWLEAF DEWLEAF DEWLEAF!!!" They stopped eventually. ReedStar asked him to move forward. Foxpaw did moving right in front of him. Reedstar's pelt gleamed in the sunlight. "May Starclan look down on this apprentice as I give him, his warrior name"

He turned to FlameFeather. Her fur was the color of fire in the sunlight. "Has he learnt the way of a warrior and the code?" He asked. FlameFeather nodded "with all his heart." Reedstar turned back to him. "Then from this moment on, you shall be called FoxFrost, May Starclan light your path!" The clan started to chant his name. "FoxFrost! FOXFROST! FOXFROST!" They shouted. He continued with HoneyPaw, making her HoneyHeart. Reedstar hopped down from the rock pile. The cats swarmed around then. "Congratulations FoxFrost!" Someone said. Ivypaw bounced up top him "I guess I'm alone I'm the den now HoneyHeart!"  She chirped. She smiled as cats congratulated her and used his new name.

-------------------------------------***---------------------------------------