Chapter 4- Rude Awakening

"How could I let myself get so stupid and kiss Alex?!" I started screaming to the mirror.

Yes, I do feel something for Alex, but.....I mean is it really worth it after everything with Jaime? After Jaime destroyed me, I was crushed for the longest time. Alex and I are best friends but I would never want to not be best friends with him. Maybe we should talk about it? When i was about to give Alex a call....he showed up....Jaime.

"Hi, Mack." Jaime whispered.

"Don't think I'm stupid, I know exactly why you're here." I screamed at him unintentionally.

"Look, I'm sorry I cheated on you. it was an honest mistake and I-I-I love you. " Jaime said nervously.

"You except me to just forgive you? you left me crushed and Alex was only one who was there for me. While you and Kianna made out all the time. I'm done. I'm sorry, but I can't trust you anymore." I stuttered as he left.

GODDAMMIT! All I do is push people away. Everyone is right, I'm just a huge screw up. Sometimes I really wish I was dead. Wow, talk about timing, Alex is calling. Should I let it ring? Or answer? A shitty ten minutes later...

He's at my door.

"Mack, I just saw Jaime walk out of the house, are you ok?" Alex said overly concerned.

"You see I'm in tears and you-----" I was interrupted by a "you'll be okay" kiss. From that moment on, I knew we were a perfect pair.