[PROLOGUE]: Tragedy from birth

"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy." 

- Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul, Chapter 1)

And the horror begins, one fateful day.

01.24.2004

"Scalpel." the surgeon said, in a monotone voice. She had been happy that instead of a traditional birth, the woman had to go through a C-section. However, they later realized that... the woman was going to die after she gave birth. After she gave birth to her very first child. It was a girl.

They had urged the woman to abort, and wait a few years where she could give birth safely, but she was very stubborn. She claimed it was the last memory she had of her husband, who had died in an accident months before.

The skin made no noise when it came into contact with the surgical knife. It cut through her abdomen smoothly, like water running in a river. 

"MaAHHHHry.... HHHHHad...... a..... LIIIIIHHHHttle...... laHHHMb....!" the old vinyl player screeched, trying to play what was supposed to be the song "Mary had a little lamb". It was obviously broken beyond repair. The doctor claimed it helped her with her procedures, but this time, it surely did NOT help. The child to be born was surely a reincarnated demon clad in human skin.

Beep! Beep!

The noise from the heart monitor started out slowly, but the noise continued. The anesthesiologist was trying his best to get the heart back up, but failing each time.

The surgeon realized that she had to get the baby out, and fast.

She quickly instructed the nurse to grab some more tools as the heart monitor let out more beeps that sent anxiety through to the doctors' hearts.

"WAHH! WAHH" the baby whined loudly, started by the brightness, and the noise of the heart monitor which was cursed with a never ending beep.

The mother was dead.

The child was born.

A killer from birth.

----------------

12 years later, September 9, 2018

---------------

"NORA! GET UP!" her grandmother said, annoyed

Nora suddenly stood up. She hadn't slept the entire night, simply because she didn't want to. She had been pondering about her new diagnosis. Antisocial personality disorder. A nicer way of saying psychopath. How... ironic.

Just last year, it was almost guaranteed that she would obviously get into a good school, her very first choice. She was also extremely talented at sports. It seemed like she was perfect. But no one realized that she was a fake. She hated them all. She never had an actual friend that she genuinely liked. She just didn't want to stand out, so she played along with their little games. 

The next few years however, was going to change. Not her, but her class.

She let out an abnormally wicked grin, just thinking about her plan she made over the summer. 

It was all after Bob Jerry had died.

Bob Jerry.

"THEY KILLED HIM! THEY WANTED TO CRUSH ME SO THEY KILLED HIM!" she thought.

Nora had ignored the fact that she also had another disorder.

Because she was possessed by her fury.

Her anger towards them.

They killed him.

They caused this to happen to her.

Or so she thought...