Ragnar

The Vikings docked by some cliffs for the rest of the night with their treasure and slaves. Katla could not find Hvitserk before going to sleep. When the morning sun woke her, Katla found Hvitserk sleeping next to her. She got up and looked up at the cliffs in the morning light.

Once everyone had woken Bjorn, Rollo, King Harald and his brother, Hvitserk and Katla stood atop the cliff looking over the Mediterranean Sea, the bright water glinting in the sunlight.

"We made it Ironside," King Harald said

"At last the Mediterranean. This is further than our people have come, further than Ragnar dreamed." Bjorn said

Gazing at the water it took Katla a moment to realize the both Bjorn and Hvitserk had turned away at looking at a murder of crows circling the surrounding hill. She joined them.

"Hvitserk did you hear him too?" Bjorn asked

"Yes." Hvitserk said

Katla saw that they both looked shocked. She looked back to the hill and saw a man in black with one eye, a crow sitting on his shoulder. Odin, she blinked and he was gone.

"My father is dead." Bjorn said. Katla took Hvitserk's hand squeezing it, he squeezed back.

The Vikings set off for Kattegat at once.

Sorry for a really short one this week, we're getting close to the end.