Beginning Anew -Chapter One-

-Aries P.O.V-

I was sleeping peacfuly, blissfully unaware of the world around me, that was until I was woken up by shouting. I slowly pulled my self out of my sleepy state, to find out exactly what was going on. I found my self alone in one of the tiniest bedrooms imaginable, the shouting originating from somewhere else. I left the room and saw an entire family of orange-red haired people, a boy with glasses whom I recognized as "the boy who lived" and my sister in the middle, angerly staring at the people around her.

"Avery, what's going on here? Where are we?" I asked, only wanting to hear from the only familiar face.

"We're being forced to stay here, and they're trying to say mom's dead." She said looking up to where i stood by the stairs.

"You, can't just say that! She was perfectly fine before we fell asleep!" I shouted looking at who I figured to be the Father.

"Yes, but she was attacked, and killed by death eaters and you two were left behind." The old red haired man said his voice filled with sorrow.

My sister looked up to me at the stairs, the situation hitting us both hard sadness setting in, our mom was really gone. Avery's black hair dulled into a drab navy blue, I could see out of the corner of my eye mine becoming a lifeless silver. I slowly made my way through the red haired family, towards my sister, who had tears streaming down her face. I wrapped an arm around her and slowly guided us back into the room that was to be ours. 

I did not cry that day. I had to stay strong for Avery, mom was gone and she needed someone. I rubbed her back for a couple of hours while she cried on my shoulder. When, she fell asleep it was late afternoon, maybe six o' clock. The red haired family and the Potter kid, was being respectful they had left us to greive, although Avery was greiveing more than I. I gently pulled her off of my shoulder, placed her in a laying position, and covered her with a blanket. I then walked out, of the room and down the stairs, I was greeted by the mother of the family. She asked if I needed anything, I sent her off with the task of fetching tea. I sat alone on the couch for a bit, before the red head twins came into the room.

"Hey, are you okay?" one of them asked worried.

"I'm fine it's Avery, you need to worry about." I said taking the tea from the mom.

"I'm Molly Weasly, and this is Fred and George, my sons, Ronald, one of my other sons, and his friend harry are around here somewhere." she said with the sweetest, and most sickening smile on her face.

I could already tell that I would not like it here, the house was complete rubbish, the family was horrifically nice. This most definitely not my ideal situation. Although it seemed as a place where my naive sister could thrive.

I inhaled deeply, and wondered what house I could be put in.  I smiled as I drank my tea,  hoping it would be Slytherin. As I was finishing my tea, I could hear my sister talking to someone. As she came down stairs, I saw it was the youngest son, Ronald and the Potter kid "the boy who lived" I rolled my eyes. This will be just great. I thought to myself. I hoped that the school year would get here fast. I wouldn't last long in this house.

The days went by in a blur, I kept my mind busy as to forget my living arrangements. I mostly ignored everyone, except for Avery. They caught on and left me be. The school year was coming up fast. Neither my sister or I needed books, Dumbledor assured us in light of what happened our schooling needs would be met. A week before the school year started, an owl with a letter for my sister and I arrived. Explaining we would need to accompany the first years to be sorted into a house, and after the sorting ceremony and the dinner that follows we would be escorted to the Headmaster's office where we can choose our elective classes. From there we would continue our schooling as third years.

Finally the school year arrived and the Weasly's, pilled everyone around a single port key that would take us close to the station, yet far enough away that muggles wouldn't see us. We all walked a decent distance with our trunks once at the station we grabbed a cart. My sister seemed amazed by the fact that you had to run into platform 9's support pillar to make it to platform 9 3/4, I just rolled my eyes and continued to the train. The boy named Ron and Harry, was talking to a girl who I knew I wouldn't like I was told about her a muggle-born, my sister on the other hand seemed to warm up to her quickly. I put my trunk in the storage cart and got on the train watching them.

"Makes me sick." I said to myself.

"What? Are you talking to me?" someone asked.

I turned to see a pale blonde haired boy around my age.

"No, that's my sister getting all friendly with the mud blood, the Potter kid, and that Weasly kid." I said pointing.

"You don't like them? Heh. I think we'll get along great, my name is Draco Malfoy." he said smirking and extending a hand.

"I'm Aries, Aries Nigel." I said in return, shaking his hand and mirroring his smirk.

"Do you want to come sit with me and my friends?" He asked, watching as my sister and her new "friends" walked up to get on the train.

"Yeah, sounds cool." I said smiling.

I followed Draco through the train, and got in the same cabin as him and his friends. I was just two other boys, both also around my age sitting in the cabin. They introduced themselves just as, Crabbe and Goyle, as I was talking to the three guys I finally noticed their house colors on their scarves.

"You're all in Slytherin." I said excitedly.

-Draco's P.O.V-

Aries' eyes lit up as she noticed the three of us were Slytherin, although I wouldn't say it alloud, I thought it was quite cute. She had to be around my age which would make her a third year yet she wore no house colors. I was just about to say something when Crabbe opened his big mouth.

"Aren't you like our age? How come we haven't seen you before?" He asked.

"Well my sister and I were being homeschooled, until a letter had arrived from Dumbledore telling our mom he wanted us to attend Hogwarts well... something had happened and our mom was killed... lets leave it at that.' She answered, as she spoke her hair turned silver, and we all just stared at her amazed.

"I'm half metamorphagus." she said cheered up a bit.

She then changed her hair and eye color repetively, it was entertaining and it made her smile. For some strange reason when she smiled it made me want to smile. After her show of colors, she talked about how she had to go with first years in order to go through the sorting ceremony, how she would then have dinner. Afterwards she would have to go to the Headmaster's office to choose her elective classes, and just pick up her third year of schooling. She said she wanted to be Slytherin, and on the inside I was begging what ever would listen for her to be a Slytherin, not because I had a crush on her, I don't get crushes, but i finally had someone cooler than Crabbe and Goyle to talk to. The rest of the way to school the three of us boys told Aries how Hogwarts worked with the moving staircases and living pictures. Once we arrived and parted ways with Aries i went back to hoping she was Slytherin.