Chapter Thirteen

Oh my god!! I miss writing this fanfic so much! I apologize so deeply for not being able to write for almost... a year is it? Wow...it's been a long time.

Sorry to keep you waiting, and here's what you've been waiting for:
P.S. I had to unpublish this chapter because when I viewed it as a reader something went terribly wrong, and I'm not sure if it's just my account or the public's as well. Anyways, hope you enjoy it! Again... ^^; I apologise again to all of you! Mianhada!😯🙁

"Hey! Watch yourself!" May's mother giggled, running down the rocky path from the top of the hill.

May giggled merrily, her hands in the air. She ran all around the hill, stuffing more ham sandwich into her mouth and enjoying the cool breeze. She was six years old, her hair was tied as two ponytails and as usual - in her childhood days, the thing she wore most frequent everyday (not to mention twenty-four/seven,) was her smile. A true one, in fact. Not the ones they say in movies to cover up their misery and cold tears.

"Come and catch me!" She said to her mother.

"Don't fall down, yeah!"

And down she went.

THUD!

She fell hard to the ground, the large lumps of grass scratching her skin and hard soil giving a very agonizing vibration to the pain already throbbing on her bottom.
"Ow!" She exclaimed.

"Ha!" Her mother guffawed rather joyfully. What a mom! "That's what you get for not listening to me."

May grunted.

"Ay, I got it, me maid comin' to getcha, Your Highness," her mother sighed. May giggled.

Those were May's favourite moments. Are, actually. But they were all gone. After she made a wish she yearned to be granted. But in the end, she had a new wish: to return home.

"When he lays you down, I might just die inside," Young Hee sang. "It just don't feel right. 'Cause I can love you more than this..." she trailed off solemnly. "I wanna die."

"WHAT?!"

Young Hee staggered back. "What the!" She gasped and glared at the little servant. "Hye In! Just- Don't barge in without knocking!"

"You want to die? Why? Is it because of the news I told you the other time? Of your father? Or are you just angry at me? Why? WHY?!?!" Hye In screamed, grabbing Young Hee by the shoulder and shaking her continuously. "WHY?!?! WHY WHY WHY WHY!?!? DON'T DIE, MISS! YOU STILL HAVE ME! BUT STILL, WHY WHY WHY WHY-"

Knock. Knock.

"What are you doing?"

Everyone's eyes turned to the door. They had expected that whoever this person to interrupt was, it had to be at worst, Young Hee's father, the master. However, the circumstances had worsened for the maid, for she was seened treating Young Hee like that by the prince himself - Jung.

Hye In put her hands to her mouth and dropped to her knees. "Forgive me! I didn't mean to-"

"Get out," Jung ordered.

"H-huh?"

"I said, get out," Jung repeated quite threateningly. "Or do I have to repeat it again?"

"No, I-I'll go," she bowed and speedwalked her way out.

"Oh...it's you," Young Hee slumped and hissed at him.

" 'It's you'?" Jung scoffed. "You'd have a leg gone right now if I wasn't so-"

"Kind? Generous? Prince-y?" Young Hee gritted her teeth. "Hmph."

" 'Prince-y'? What even-" Jung trailed off. "Never mind, I know you weren't smart, but I didn't know you were horribly moronic."

"Moronic?" Young Hee laughed. "Says the-"

"Prince!" Jung said, his chest up.

'Right. He's not some daft who I can slap the shi- ahem. Poop out of. I almost forgot he was a prince. Oh right! 'Cause he doesn't look like one at all. HA-BURN!' Young Hee thought proudly.

"Hey, um Jung?" She said. Jung coughed. Young Hee clicked her jaw. "Prince Jung," she said slowly, "have you um...well I was just wondering...if you don't know, it's fine, but um...you know, I just-"

"Look, if it isn't a plain confession of love or fondness of my company, then just skip to the point," Jung said.

"Confession of love?" Young Hee threw her head back in laughter. "You need a doctor, seriously. No. I was going to ask you if you saw...Baek Ah."

"Baek Ah?" Jung took a silent minute to answer. 'Why does she ask? Is it because...she loves him?' He stared at her, full of wonder. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh, it's just a random question, you know," she shrugged.

"Oh! Then there isn't a need to answer right?" He smirked.

She frowned. "Damn it, you," she muttered. "Okay, whatever. So what brings you here?"

"Ah, right!" He snapped his fingers. "Your stupidity almost made me forgot. You are one horrible contagious disease."

She raised her hand as a warning for a slap.

"Ooh! Everyone! This woman is about to hit a prin-"

"Princess?" She grinned.

"EXCUSE ME?"

"Isn't that what you are now, princess Jung?" She smiled happily, skipping around her room like a lark.

"ANYWAY!" he shouted, "I'm here on the palace's business."

There was a silence.

"Palace?" She said softly. "What business does the palace have with me?"

"Your memory loss might have caused you to forget, but you're suppose to be married into the royal family," he said. "Or did your father remind you?"

'Oh my god. I totally forgot.'

"Hey, don't float out into the galaxy while a prince is talking," Jung waved his hand right before her eyes. "So? Who is going to be your choice?"

For two minutes, no sound was made, no voices were heard, just the stares between the two were what happened.

"I'll think about it."

"Okay. I just came to tell you that, and wish you luck. Your stupidity will be hard to cope with now that you'll be a part of the family," Jung pat her head. "I'll be leaving now."

"Mm," she nodded, without looking at him. Not even for a second. "Sayonara."

Walking away without hearing her last word of farewell, she was left there to wonder again.

'I love Baek Ah. Can't I marry him then? But what about when I return home? Most importantly... what about 'her'? Woo Hee? This thought won't leave my mind. And last night, did not end well.'

***

She walked out of the house only hours later, finally making the decision to take a walk, and maybe, after a few moments with the stores outside, find Baek Ah.

"That Jung," she said the prince's name with disgust. "Stupid little dude," she spat. "Ugly, and itty, and egotistic...DUCK!" She rolled her eyes at his name, wondering if ever the day would come, she would head to meet him in reality (as his true self - an actor) herself and give him one big slap in the face. "Oh right...what scene is it right now?" She muttered to herself. "Hmm....so they've passed the forest part, then...great. I've forgotten what comes next. What now?"