Chapter Four

The princes put their clothes back on, while Young Hee stood at the side, processing everything.

'Okay, so the drama begins now,' she thought. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't realise Baek Ah just a few centimetres away from her. He was looking at her curiously.

When she turned around, she yelped. "Bae- um... Your Highness," she dropped her head, blushing. Mostly because his shirt wasn't tied properly, thus exposing some of his abbs.

"Seo Young Hee, right?" he said

She nodded, not making any direct eye contact with him.

"I heard you lost your memories. Are you better?" he asked.

She finally looked up, and saw his eyes and his gentle gaze. 'I'm talking to a famous korean actor...'

"Yeah. I mean yes," she forced a small smile. "But I still can't recall anything," she told him, playing along with her role in the drama. She pointed to her temple, and rubbed it gently.

"Oh."

May (Young Hee) liked Baek Ah a lot. He was sweet, gentle, he had no desperation for power, he loved drawing and he loved music, just like young May. But she knew she couldn't. His happy ever after was with Woo Hee, the Gisaeng lady. She became his spouse. And May can't take it away from them. Or not she would just be ruining his life.

"Baek Ah," Wook called. "Let's go."

"Okay," Baek Ah nodded. He smiled at Young Hee and left.

All the princes left, leaving Young Hee to herself.

She wanted to change everything. She wanted to prevent all the deaths that were meant to take place. She wanted everyone to be happy. She wanted what Hae Soo wanted, but Soo couldn't stop it...

But Young Hee was different. She knew everything that was going to happen. All she needed to do was to change it.

But... if she changed it, would it really become a better future? Or something even worse? Or... is it only meant to stay the same? Should she take action and change the course of history? Or should she take a step back and let everything go the way it should...?

She frowned. 'Why is life just so complicated? This isn't even life! It's a freaking drama!'

She shook her head. 'Okay, after this, Soo comes back to go back to her time and sees So's scar...or was that a few days later...?'

She sighed. She decided to return to her home. She left the royal bathing area with a frown.

The minute she set foot in her room, she dropped on her bed. 'So tired... I wonder when I wake up would it all just be a nice dream, or... a nightmare?'

Knock, knock!
Hye In came in with a big tray in her hand. Food was on it in separate bowls.

"The master thought you might want to dine in your room since you're so tired," she sighed.

She meant to put the tray down for Young Hee to eat, but it slipped from her hand, and fell onto Young Hee's head.

BANG!!!
May blacked out instantly.
*****
"Lady Young Hee...."
"Young Hee!"

"Huh...?" Young Hee's eyes opened slightly as her eyes adjusted to the brightness. The first thing she saw was Hye In, her 'parents', and her three 'siblings' standing before her, looking so anxious and worried.

"YOUNG HEE!" one of her brother's cried. "You're awake!"

Young Hee rubbed her temple and moaned. "Wh-What's going on?"