Chapter 3. Mystery and Sorrow

Over the first few weeks Bekah Lovel was weird. She knew everything already and I wonder why she even needs to go to school. Today at lunch she just blacked out, looking into open space then just suddenly snapped back into reality.

What was she hiding? She looked upset, not for herself but for someone else. "Bekah? Are you ok?" I was worried. She is never like this, she is always happy and supportive, never like this.

"I'm fine, I am just worried about you." I was so confused by this response, I was perfectly fine and couldn't be much happier.

"I am perfectly fine Bekah, I couldn't be much happier. I have you, my only friend." I couldn't understand why she needs to worry about me. I have looked after myself for 17 years and I don't need anyone to worry or protect me.

"Believe me Rachel, I never want to see yourself upset so I need to worry. It makes me feel safe for you." The bell rang to break the awkwardness about this whole conversation.

Everything was silent between us in afternoon role-call. It surprisingly went swiftly, and we quietly went to biology. we sat down in our seats and Bekah looked terrified.

"Rebekah Lovel, tell me what is bothering you. Please, I am begging you." I needed to know what was wrong with her. She was scaring the the hell out of me. I can't take it.

"You will find out soon." Bekah is not just weird, she is crazy. How the hell did that riddle or whatever seem normal at all. Until the Principle came in.

"I need to see Rachel Dowling Now." I had no idea why she would want to see me. I stay out of trouble and no one ever notices me. I was Terrified.

I was now in the principles office. "Rachel now I need to talk to you about a personal manner. Your father has died from a fight in jail, I am so sorry for your loss. But we need to talk about your current situation if that's Ok?" Nodding I let her continue.

" Now I know you have a house in the suburbs downtown but no one has entered there for years and I've been told you live outside on a park bench, is that correct?" I never liked the upbringing of my childhood house because it was a house of abuse and violence that I never wanted to see the light of day. Fearing the sound of my voice I just nodded again.

"Rachel, I would like you to live in your old house again and bring a friend to help you and the school will provide you with money to help you live a normal life. I realise that your house has bad memories in it but if you are going to graduate here happy, you need to start having a normal life in some form. I will take you to the house after school today with one of your friends so you can sort things out. You can go back to class now."

And that was that. I now had to go into my abusive home with Bex and the principle to sort it out because my dad died. Could this day get anymore crazier?