chapter 12

"No dad! I don't want to hear anymore of you lies! I am now cutting off my connection with you! I don't want to see you ever again!" -Jewel 

JEWEL's POV

"Just like I told you, I didn't abandon her. When I gave birth to her, I lost consciousness and when I came to, they told me that she was dead the moment I gave birth to her. They even showed her body to me. Daddy and my nanny were there too" Upon hearing those things, he was utterly shocked. He looked like somebody just kicked him in the gut.

"How could that be possible? Your father was the one who gave Camila to me" That didn't registered in my head a while ago when he told me that but now that he was telling me again, the pain of discovering that my own father deceived me doubled the pain I was feeling at the moment. How could he do this to me? He even showed me someone else's child's body just to make me believe his lies.

"I can't believe this. I was with Camila within a month but it didn't register on my mind that she is my daughter. Even though, I had these strange motherly affection towards her, I just ignored it all because I thought she was just one of my students but now I understand. I have those feelings whenever I look at her because she's actually my daughter. This is unfair! She was with me the whole time but I didn't even recognized her as my own daughter! Now, she was kidnapped and I---" All the things that I wanted to say trapped in my throat as I started crying again.

I wanted to shout in frustration and rage because those bastards stole the opportunity for me to see and hug Camila as my daughter but at the same time joy because I learned that my daughter is actually alive. I still have the opportunity to give her my love that I thought I wouldn't have the chance to do so for the past 6 years.

Now, fear was creeping within me with the thought of her being with those kidnappers. Please God! Don't let anything bad happen to my daughter. Please give me a chance to see her one more time and love her the way she deserves to be loved.

"That's enough Jewel" I got surprise upon hearing Zander's gentle voice. It was the first time he talked to me with that voice since we met again and he even called me by my name. I wiped my tears but they kept on falling.

"Take this" I looked up at him and he was offering his handkerchief to me. I reluctantly took it and used to wipe my tears.

"I was so mad at you because I thought you chose to abandon your responsibility as a mother and leave us because you were afraid of any commitments. I thought you didn't want us in your life that's why you left for Switzerland" I shook my head again.

"No! I loved my daughter and even though I was young then, I never planned on abandoning her. I left for Switzerland because I couldn't handle staying in New York because of the painful memories. It was more difficult back then because you left me" I said full of bitterness. His mouth hung open. His forehead knitted together while looking at me like there was a bomb just exploded in front of him. He was about to say something when the door opened.

"Damn" I heard him grunted. Then his secretary entered.

"What is it this time Alexa?"

"I'm sorry sir but there's a commotion outside. Ms. Lim is here. She's insisting to see you" I saw Zander's jaw flexed and I knew for an instant he was furious. He abruptly stood up.

"Sorry Jewel but I need to---" He wasn't able to complete whatever he wanted to say because the door burst open and a beautiful woman entered. She looked like a model. The two guards followed her and tried to stop her from entering any further.