Chapter 4

I held my breath and waited for them to react.

They stood wide eyed at the sudden exposure of fluffy white snow flakes.

I stayed hidden, covered by a large tree to keep me from getting attached.

Too late for that.

I wanted so badly to see another flower, dreamed of a world of brightly colored leaves.

But I can't have that and I never will.

They rubbed their arms and put their coats back on.

"Gust I think we should get the snow and leave," Rosie said.

In her voice I could tell she was scared, why wouldn't she be afraid?

I'm practically the definition of death, that's what I'v always been told.

"She's here" Gust said, "she's here and she made it snow."

I held on to the bark and almost ripped it off from gripping it too hard.

"Come out!" Gust shouted, " we won't hurt you,"

I almost stepped my foot out when the harsh words came flooding back to my mind.

Dangerous  Stupid  Coward

I stayed where I was, they were still looking around and waiting.

"Gust she's not here and even if she was then she wouldn't come out anyway," Rosie said, "you know the storys,"

"Oh yeah the story's of how winter is all death and distraction," said Gust mockingly, "come on you don't really believe that do you?"

I waited for an answer.

" I don't know but we need to leave please," she said, she picked up her bag if snow and stepped on her Shifter.

"Yeah, okay" Gust said getting on his Shifter with a bag of snow in his hands.

They have one last look around and took off.

I climbed to the top of the tree and watched them take off into the sky getting smaller and smaller till I couldn't see them at all.

I climbed down and took on the ground, I felt frustrated with myself.

How could I not try and make a friend when I had the chance?

Maybe being a winter kid means I don't get friends.

I should be a ice queen with a frozen heart.

But I am the total opposite I want friends and I want to be kind.

I guess I'v always learned to be what people expect of me instead of really being me.

I can't change their minds or their hearts but at least I am away from that.

I went back to my cabin because it had gotten dark but couldn't sleep.

So I went outside and made a snow pile for a pillow.

The stars were shining bright and they made my snow look like crystals.

Most nights I won't sleep in my cabin and I don't know why but the cold ground and the smell of nature just sends me away in a dream land.

To a place where I have many friends and as much as I love the snow it's not there. It's gone and it's just me and my friends.

I thought about Rosie and Gust I tossed the thought of me showing myself to them around for a bit.

Should I have shown them me and risked getting hurt or was it better that I stayed hidden and safe from their criticism.

The war in my mind slowed down and soon the stars were the last thing I see before falling asleep and hearing the words,

Dangerous Unwanted Mistake

How's that? Vote and keep reading I'm having a lot of fun writing this so now I'm going to go work on my other story's  ( you should go read them 😁)

Stay awesome and Bye!!!