Chapter 13

I wake up and see that Troy is gone. I look out the window and see Cleo playing outside alone with no super valence. I look away and she is gone when I look back. I get on a jacket since it is almost negative degrees here and head outside in my shorts. I look around.

"Mama mama look!"

I look up and she had climbed a tree.

"Baby? How'd you get out here?"

"Daddy said he'd be right back!"

Then he walked out and looked at my face.

"TROY YOU LEFT OUR 4 YEAR OLD OUT HER UNSUPERVISED!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Baby climb down!"

"I can't mama.. I I scared now!"

"Okay. I will climb up then."

"Be careful please," Troy said.

"I will," I say angrily.

Then my mom comes out.

"JESSICA?"

"MOM I AM OKAY."

I finally get up to were she is and she is very high in the air. I pick her up and slowly make my way down. My foot slips and she slides out of my arms flying in the air. I hold on to the branch.

"MAMA," she screams.

Then I don't hear anything.

"CLEO!!! CLEO WHERE ARE YOU? YOU OKAY?"

"I got her kinda," Troy shouts.

"KINDA?"

"YEA! SHE FELL AND HIT THE GROUND BUT THANKS TO ME NOT AS HARD."

Then I hear crying. I make my way down to the ground. I hug her instantly as I see her arm bleeding and so is her leg and foot.

"You clean up yourself. I got her," my mom says.

"Thanks mom."

I manage to get up. My leg wobbly. I instantly fall as my foot won't let me walk.

"Troy.."

"Yes?"

"I can't walk.."

"Let's take you to the emergency room."

We tell my mom and Cleo we are leaving. I come back with a crutches and cast as my ankle broke.

"Mommy I sorry.."

"It's fine."

"No I am sorry," Troy says.

"IT'S FINE," I shout.

I go up to my room and collapse on the bed. I start to cry. Someone opens and closes the door. They sit on my bed. I look up and see my mom.

"Honey, don't cry."

"Mom..  It's so difficult.."

"What is Jessica?"

"I don't know.. I can't ever trust Troy with Cleo alone easily.. It's a challenge because these things happen. Ugh.. I don't want to be rude but he is super nice to Cleo but he isn't the best father.."

"He is still learning."

"She is 3 now. He has had 3 years to learn. I think I will be upfront and honest with him. Stay here."

I went downstairs.

"Cleo, go see grandma she is upstairs."

She went upstairs.

"Troy we need to talk."

"Yes?"

"Please don't be mad.."

"Got it."

"These things keep happening.. She is 3 now so no excuses. I am worried one day she will get hurt.. I'm thinking, your not the best father figure for her.."

I see his face and instantly knew I should've kept this to myself.

"That's so mean. If you think that way, fine. Why don't we get a divorce then!"

"NO TROY!"

"TOO BAD THAT IS WHAT'S HAPPENING."

He packed his stuff and left. I sat on the couch and cried.

~8 months later~

We live in separate houses, and are divorced. Today, I get to see Cleo again after 2 weeks without her. She's been with Troy. I am dating a boy named Devin. He is sweet, caring, and so much more. I hear a knock and Cleo is at the door with Troy. I hug her.

"Hey Cleo!"

"Hi mama and Devin!"

I shut the door.

"How was it with daddy?"

"Good!"

"Okay well, Devin's making breakfast so we can unpack your stuff, eat, then give you a bath!"

"Okay!"

I go and unpack her stuff. We go downstairs and she sees what we have.

"CINNAMON ROLLS AND TOAST AND CEREAL AND BACON! THANKS DEVIN!"

"Your welcome!"

I kiss him and we sit down and eat. She starts to eat with her hands.

"What are you doing Cleo?"

"Daddy told me how to eat like this!"

"No no. Remember your 4. You need manners."

"Oh right. Sorry mama."

She picks up her fork and starts to eat. Devin does dishes while I watch Cleo while she's in the bath. I get on my phone as Devin sneaks up on me.

"Boo!"

"Devin don't do that," I say slightly angry.

"Ugh fine."

He sits and watches Cleo in the bath too. I dry her off.

"Cleo, I have to take a shower will you be okay by yourself for a bit?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, sit here and don't leave okay?"

"Okay."

I get her too watch some tv as I make my way to the bathroom. I undress and I am naked when Devin comes in.

"Oh sorry," he says.

"You can stay," I say.

He laughs and comes in. I start the shower and he hops in with me.

"Love you Jess."

"Love you too," I say.

I get out and get dressed. I look and see a picture on social media of Troy.

 I look and see a picture on social media of Troy

Love you Anna! Kisses to you forever!!

I roll my eyes. Why am I so jealous?

(Sorry for the bad chap)