Secrets

Chapter 19

When Klaus woke up, he felt something moving against his chest. Bewilderedly he looked down and smiled brightly when he remembered. Caroline was still peacefully sleeping and snuggled herself closer to him. This wasn´t a dream, she was right No- no, this is real he heard her saying and his smile grew wider when he realized everything. She had really come to him and she had let him hug her, she fell asleep with him...Klaus watched her sleeping for a few minutes until she suddenly opened her eyes. Yawning she blinked a few times what Klaus found adorable. As Caroline felt an arm around her waist, her head snapped around to make sure it wasn´t a dream.

“Good morning love”, Klaus murmured, his voice still handsomely hoarse from sleeping.

“Morning”, she whispered smiling.

Caroline closed her eyes, trying to memorize his simply alluring scent. Klaus was pleased that she was just lying there in his arms, not even thinking about pulling away. Though he was wondering what made her change her mind.

“How late is it?”, Caroline asked, completely turning around so she had a better view on him.

Unsure what to do with her hands, she placed one of them on his chest, pulling it away immediately. She flushed as she noticed he wasn´t wearing a shirt so she quickly looked away.

“7am”, Klaus answered smirking.

He noticed her uncertainness but he didn´t really know what to do either. Fortunately his hands had already found their place as they were still lying around her waist.

“Oh-“, Caroline´s sweet voice interrupted his thoughts. “I think we should get up”, she added quietly, taking a last look at Klaus before she started pulling away.

Klaus smiled at her words – he could definitely get used to them. But- was that disappointment he saw in her eyes? It couldn´t be, now...could it? Awkwardly she stood in front of his bed, looking down at him as though she wanted to say something. However, she didn´t. Slowly she turned around, opening the door as quiet as possible. When Caroline was sure he wouldn´t see it, a huge grin appeared on her face before she bit her lips and sped into her room.
________________

“Morning sister”, Elijah pecked Rebekah on her cheek as she was standing at the kitchen isle.

“What is all this?”, he questioned, waving his hand at the papers that took over the entire kitchen isle plus half of the floor.

“Caroline and I will plan the prom when she gets up”, Rebekah answered in a matter of fact voice.

“And- does she know that?”, Elijah asked with furrowed eyebrows.

He could only wonder about his sister´s love to events, especially when it came to school.

“Not yet but she will”, Rebekah murmured, concentrating on one of the papers which Elijah could see no order in.

Sighing he made some coffee, trying not to step on the papers on the floor after he got ranted at for that twice already.

“Why are you all moody?”, Elena chuckled when she entered the kitchen.

Her fiancé had a deep frown on his forehead, and his gaze was on the floor, looking for papers that would earn him a rant of his sister. When he finally made it out of the mess of papers without spilling any coffee, Elijah sighed deeply, handing his fiancée the mug.

“Aw thank you”, Elena smiled before she kissed Elijah, making him feel better right away.

“Morning guys”, Bonnie grinned as she walked into the kitchen, earning some bewildered looks of her friends.

Rebekah mumbled an absentminded morning, not taking her eyes of the parchment in her hand. Elena however watched Bonnie, who was just making some coffee, with a frown.

“B-bonnie, what are you doing here?”, she asked.

“I- euh- I stayed in Care´s room”, Bonnie smiled at her friend, taking a seat.

Elena just nodded before she sat down as well.

“Dear, we should be going”, Elijah interrupted and Elena jumped to her feet immediately.

“Is it that late already? Oh gosh, Bonnie could you tell Caroline I have to talk to her later?”, she babbled and Bonnie nodded smiling.

“Where are you two going?”, Stefan asked when he walked into the kitchen.

“Hello Stefan, I didn´t realize you were staying over”, Elijah frowned and Stefan chuckled.

“Well I stayed in your brother´s room, Kol can be quite nice when he wants to be”, he explained.

“Lijah, we´ll be late, come on!”, Elena urged her fiancé, making him smile at her.

“Honestly, where are you going?”, Rebekah giggled and Elena just winked at her.

“Surprise”, she called over her shoulder before the engaged couple gave their friends a wave and hurried to the door.

Just the second the door shut close behind them, Caroline entered the kitchen, followed by Klaus.

“What are you doing?”, Bonnie scowled at Stefan who looked at her in bewilderment.

“What?”, he questioned.

“Where were you tonight?”, Bonnie hissed under her breath and Caroline frowned.

“I stayed in Kol´s room like I just-“, he started but he was cut off.

“No you didn´t”, Bonnie shook her head.

“How do you wa-“

“Caroline, I heard you had a guest over night as well”, Rebekah helped Stefan out.

“No I didn´t!”, Caroline threw out immediately, her eyes wide open.

Klaus eyed her from behind, smirking to himself. Surely Caroline wouldn´t burst out with the past night´s events just like that.

“Interesting, I thought Bonnie slept in your room”, Rebekah teased and suddenly all eyes were on Bonnie.

“And I thought Stefan stayed at Kol´s”, Bonnie snapped back.

“I did”, Stefan defended himself, risking a quick help searching glance at Rebekah who just shrugged her shoulders, obviously not knowing what Bonnie meant either.

“Funny, because I don´t remember seeing you there!”, the green eyed witch crossed her arms triumphal, immediately covering her mouth when she realized what she just said.

A/N: Hey there :)
I am terribly sorry, the last time I updated was last year! Well and now this chapter was neither long nor good...it was more like a filler chapter and I promise the next one will be longer and better!
Soo...that´s that...aaaand thanks for reading! Xx